Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, noddyboater said:

Looks quite palatial to me,  this is really tiny. Advertised as a 2 bed but that was extremely optimistic. 

Screenshot_20201202-055014_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201202-054641_Gallery.jpg

I think it's a lovely house, owned by a lovely boater, it's quite unique!

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I think it's a lovely house, owned by a lovely boater, it's quite unique!

Thank you,  we're quite fond of it too and it's definitely not for sale!

Have you made it back to the barren waste of West Stockwith yet?  I'm heading down the Trent soon hopefully so we might cross paths. 

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2020 at 09:23, noddyboater said:

Thank you,  we're quite fond of it too and it's definitely not for sale!

Have you made it back to the barren waste of West Stockwith yet?  I'm heading down the Trent soon hopefully so we might cross paths. 

Oh dear no, what with stoppages, and lockdown, and recently even had a breakdown (now sorted by Thorne Boat Services), I'm still at Clayworth, I attempted to move in between lockdowns, got half a mile, rope round prop, no forward gear, reversed back to Clayworth, lol.

The shakedown cruise is now over. Let the adventure begin. 

Edited by LadyG

On 06/01/2021 at 23:19, Tim Lewis said:

Bugsworth

3 bedroom detached house for sale in Buxworth, High Peak, SK23 (rightmove.co.uk)

That's very handsome, and unusually spacious for a lock house (which I assume is what it was, unless perhaps it was a pub). I am startled by the price, as Derbyshire is not known as an expensive area for housing. I suppose the presence of three nearby railway stations may have had an effect on it.

Not sure I'd fancy a cellar as close as that to the water.

Soarside.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/75514167#/media?id=media1

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

Plenty of moorings though!

I did idly wonder whether you would get permission from NT to moor there. U often see the work flats tied to trees in that location. In a few years time that area could be part of the great Shepperton whirlpool ......  ;)

Edited by mark99

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

I did idly wonder whether you would get permission from NT to moor there. U often see the work flats tied to trees in that location. In a few years time that area could be part of the great Shepperton whirlpool ......  ;)

I was trying to work out from Google Earth whether you can get a boat up the weir stream on the other side of the island from the navigation channel.

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

I was trying to work out from Google Earth whether you can get a boat up the weir stream on the other side of the island from the navigation channel.

Bit shallow.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3781128,-0.4578305,3a,75y,186.33h,31.01t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNdqO-Cou2-Pka97HY6RsCLy47rdQk-ZBYaiUL4!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNdqO-Cou2-Pka97HY6RsCLy47rdQk-ZBYaiUL4%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-1.4584622-ya280.04465-ro2.0863225-fo100!7i5376!8i2688

I did view a house in Jessamy Rd about 12 years ago to buy - had 60 odd foot proper mooring.

Edited by mark99

I have looked at the details online, and have to say it’s a bit expensive, but very very nice. All those noisy Narrowboats running their engines and, oh! The smoke from their dreaded fires.

We are moored in Cropredy at present. With engine running and fire lit.

34 minutes ago, Athy said:

There's a lovely house on Creampot Close, Cropredy (one of those big semi's on the left-hand side above the lock) just appeared on Rightmove, but alas out of our price range.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/101968238#/

It's only got a 36ft mooring. I'd have to buy two!

• Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, David Mack said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/101968238#/

It's only got a 36ft mooring. I'd have to buy two!

....or get on very good terms with the next-door neighbours!

One of the row used to have a mooring cut into the garden at right angles to the canal. The people kept a short (25 foot-ish I'd guess) narrowboat in it. You can still see where the bank was reinstated after they left.