Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

On 03/10/2020 at 11:43, Athy said:

If they're in West End they're worth a look - it's a most attractive part of town, with a lane which narrows down to a footpath. Convenient for services, blah blah. We looked at this location before buying our house in Upwell.

According to our friend Firesprite, it comes with its own semi-resident mentally ill burglar, which may be something of a discouragement.

Just one mentally duff? Better than most places!!!!

17 minutes ago, Loddon said:

OOOOOh  too near Athy!

13 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

OOOOOh  too near Athy!

Surely you mean "near enough to"? Indeed, about half a mile down the lane from us, and a house in which I have set foot more than once. Graham Gaffney and Val moved to the village (Upwell, incidentally) not long after us, escaping from the hurly-burly of the Home Counties (where he was a busy session musician). They settled well into village life, bought a cabin cruiser, Graham sometimes played his guitar in the pub a few doors along, they had their outbuildings converted into a home for his old Dad, but then Graham was struck down by a liver condition and died at only 56.

So I'm sad to see this advert, as it marks the end of a dream of people I thought a lot of. But Wenhaston House is a lovely property and comes, as you can see, with its own mooring. It's the second of the three properties which Loddon has listed.

Edited by Athy

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, noddyboater said:

And a cafe. And unlike most of the other properties mentioned here the inside doesn't look like it's come from the IKEA rejects bin.

That, to my mind, is an ideal purchase for the right people. Been in there a number of times. Great little business (when the weather suits!).

44 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

That, to my mind, is an ideal purchase for the right people. Been in there a number of times. Great little business (when the weather suits!).

Too small to socially  distance inside. Does it flood. Dear to insure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unless I'm mistaken, this was for some years the home of the great soul singer Edwin Starr (Stop Her On Sight, Headline News). We once moored nearby and met Edwin, his wife and their dog going for a walk along the towpath.

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Edwin Starrs old haunt.

Posts crossed. Now that he's passed away, perhaps he still haunts it.