Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

might be able to afford one room........

1 hour ago, Graham Davis said:

continual roar from the M42 just behind.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Towpath side, so no EoG mooring.

…. it doesn't matter how hard you sell it to me, I can't afford it I tell you.

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Nice place on the Caldon at Hazlehurst/Denford. A bit naughty of the agents to omit the fact that there is no road access!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67808289.html#_full-description

Where does that gate in pic 17 lead to? It appears to be a metalled road. 

17 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Nice place on the Caldon at Hazlehurst/Denford. A bit naughty of the agents to omit the fact that there is no road access!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67808289.html#_full-description

It does have charm. The map appears to show a lane (marked as Huntley Road I think) going right past it. Not so?

Also, one of the photos shows a n/b moored at the edge of the property, but there's no mention of a mooring in the description as far as I can see.

19 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

And curiously the garden doubles in size between the summary and the detailed description.

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

It does have charm. The map appears to show a lane (marked as Huntley Road I think) going right past it. Not so?

Also, one of the photos shows a n/b moored at the edge of the property, but there's no mention of a mooring in the description as far as I can see.

The boat belongs to the owners of the house and has been moored there for many years

Edited by Tim Lewis

7 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

The boat belongs to the owners of the house and has been moored there for many years

...making it all the more surprising that the estate agent didn't choose to mention it - after all, probably the majority of people seeking a canalside house want one with a mooring.

The oil tanker must get near enough to fill the central heating tank up......Ive emailed the agents to ask a few questions.....Im not sure the mooring is long enough for us though sadly 

16 minutes ago, Athy said:

...making it all the more surprising that the estate agent didn't choose to mention it - after all, probably the majority of people seeking a canalside house want one with a mooring.

You'd be surprised.....agents rarely seem to know the length of moorings or even if it had previous permission etc.....i now take a laser measure when we look at suitable houses....and a pole for depth!

23 minutes ago, Athy said:

It’s alwAys struck me as a slightly dodgy mooring being in the outside of a 90 degree turn!

1 hour ago, Athy said:

The map on Rightmove has the locating flag on the Holly Bush pub, not the property for sale, which is ringed below.

Untitled.png.806b62ee273b7012cef865040102ab29.png

On 02/09/2019 at 20:25, emm said:

Missed this post, this is the house opposite Copt heath wharf and i know the current owner has a 70' boat moored alongside the garden. Never noticed any noise from the motorway, it's quite sheltered from that.