Fruit hanging into Towpath - who 'owns' the goodies?

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

On our recent three week trip up to the Caldon we had a surfeit of blackberries.  I was surprised how many could be picked by the towpath even on visitor moorings.  (Note to the wise: in such locations one should only pick fruit growing above waist height, for obvious reasons.)

The biggest problem in some of the more remote areas was sourcing the double cream, which is traditionally eaten with blackberries in a 50:50 ratio. Well in my tradition anyway.

7 hours ago, dor said:

On our recent three week trip up to the Caldon we had a surfeit of blackberries.  I was surprised how many could be picked by the towpath even on visitor moorings.  (Note to the wise: in such locations one should only pick fruit growing above waist height, for obvious reasons.)

The biggest problem in some of the more remote areas was sourcing the double cream, which is traditionally eaten with blackberries in a 50:50 ratio. Well in my tradition anyway.

Shopping for a 'continuous' supply of cream is a terrible problem ? 

If you've got freezer space, double cream will freeze, just pop the carton in freezer. 

4 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Shopping for a 'continuous' supply of cream is a terrible problem ? 

If you've got freezer space, double cream will freeze, just pop the carton in freezer. 

Just for information, clotted cream will also freeze and is the best cream 

12 hours ago, dor said:

(Note to the wise: in such locations one should only pick fruit growing above waist height, for obvious reasons.)

Addition to the above note to the wise: This should be extended to shoulder height if picking near a route  leading from a pub.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dor said:

I still picked some today at Therlwood lower lock and Diana picked up some nice cooking apples, did spot a damson tree overhanging the towpath but the lock was ready.