Price A Bit Strong ?

Parahandy

Featured Posts

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-tugs/610116

I am getting to the age now where after 40 years Boating I am wondering if there is another Boat in me or perhaps I should just stick with what I have got which is a 2009 Tug with a Beta Marine Engine . The trouble is that the older you get the harder it is to justify the expenditure , how often do we decide to simply stick with what we have rather than embrace change . I have always been an admirer of an elegant Tug shell and have owned several , I appreciate for many they arent the most practical but they suit my needs adequately . The trouble I am finding is there arent that many around and what there are can be " big money " Take this one above for instance , where is the Buyer at this sort of Money for this sort of Boat ? It seems to have hung around for months , perhaps its gone as owing to the Price I haven't even bothered to check . Maybe its like my long departed fellow Boater Stan used to say " sometimes the best pleasure is to only browse rather than buy "

Hamlet has your problem sussed out!

"To be or not to be....................and thus the native view of resolution is sicklied over by the pale cast of thought,  and enterprise of great pith on moment with this regard their currents turn awry and lose the name of action."

Like me when I have urges to do something great, I sit down and think until it passes.

• Haha 1

Think you have the answer in your post, the price is the problem. the seating area has a lack of seats[sorted at more expense] plus other items require attention[and expense] in my opinion. These Northwich Trader style of tug do command rather high prices though, but do think this is on the high side, location doe's not help, but there are buyers who would consider/buy at this price, not me personally.

I know it's easy and pointless to leap for the jugular and criticise a boat one couldn't afford any old how.

It looks superb, but I couldn't live with that interior,  I don't find it welcoming or relaxing.

The advert puzzled me, when I saw the first photo I thought it was fire damaged.  I still can't decide if the cabin is in primer or oxidised.

In the blurb... "replica of the 1935 Northwich Tug Sculptor" made me stroke my teeth and suck my chin.

The only Star Class Yarwoods from 35 called Sculptor I'm aware of is at Stoke Bruerne and isn't a tug.

3 hours ago, dor said:

Reminds me of those Victorian underground toilets you used to see in London (perhaps still do).

Careful Dor many have fallen from Grace in a Victorian underground toilet ? This is an interesting point you and one other Zenataomm raise about the Interior . This is a problem when an Owner or Builder embarks upon a recreation of something from the past especially a Tug when there was no recognised  Standard , You can easily end up with something that looks ridiculous .

3 hours ago, zenataomm said:

In the blurb... "replica of the 1935 Northwich Tug Sculptor" made me stroke my teeth and suck my chin.

The only Star Class Yarwoods from 35 called Sculptor I'm aware of is at Stoke Bruerne and isn't a tug.

Edited by Leo No2

1 hour ago, Leo No2 said:

I thought that too. 

But mostly I thought its a very poor 'replica', because Sculptor didn't seem to have a full length cabin last time I saw it. So maybe the builders were actually copying a different boat. 

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I thought that too. 

But mostly I thought its a very poor 'replica', because Sculptor didn't seem to have a full length cabin last time I saw it. So maybe the builders were actually copying a different boat. 

Sculptor has been in this configuration since about 1947 I think - after the London Fire brigade extension was removed - and still is to this day.

DSC_0003 (118).JPG

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

What about "Frogmore" Para... better bote similar money.

Can't put a link up but you can search Google.

Quite right, but I'd have to find a way for the door into the engine room to open INTO the e/r - maybe not enough room, in which case the door would have to come off!

2 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Quite right, but I'd have to find a way for the door into the engine room to open INTO the e/r - maybe not enough room, in which case the door would have to come off!

Is there room for a sliding door?

16 minutes ago, David Mack said:

"she is an exacting replica of the 1935 Northwich Tug Sculptor. Measurements were taken from Lacerta..."

Doesn't that make her an exacting replica of Lacerta?

It makes you wonder if this is the reason the Boat has remained unsold . Its relatively " big money " for something that doesn't bear even the most cursory scrutiny .

As far as I can see the economy is tanking now. 

Two century-old big family businesses in Reading I buy from occasionally have recently thrown in the towel and stopped trading. Two houses I have on the market have only sold by taking 10% price cuts.

Nobody seems to have any money or if they have, they are waiting until after the brexit economy crash. This is why oldish boats with immaculate pedigrees but high prices are no longer selling, in my opinion. 

46 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Link to Frogmore.

https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/brinklow-boats/131800

The doors are normally split into two (two doors) are they not/ that is Back Cabin opening to Engine Room?

If it is a proper copy there should be a bulkhead between the cabin and the hole.

the long walk round to the loo is a feature of  gu boats.