shoreline fridge

baldlimey

Featured Posts

Hi.

My shoreline fridge is acting very strange.

If I leave it set on 3 the led starts blinking which I thought meant low voltage? However if when it does this I turn it up to 4 the compressor starts and it seems happy for a time. The domestic batteries are about 2 weeks old.

The blinking appears to be one a pause then 2 although it is difficult to be sure.

It has been very hot on the boat.

Any ideas great fully received.

Pete

From the Danfoss manual

One blink and then a pause = battery low cut out, two blinks and the a pause = fan over current cutout. I bet te two blinks will clear as soon as you get the voltage at the fridge up.

What happens when the engine is revving?

Thanks all

Just checked the voltage and it was just over 10 at the fridge and 12.86 at the batteries.

When I tightened the earth connection at one end of the batteries I obviously did not tighten properly when I replaced the domestic batteries it went up at the fridge. Doh! 

I would love to say this was the dumbest question I had asked on this forum.

Pete 

• Greenie 1

48 minutes ago, baldlimey said:

Just checked the voltage and it was just over 10 at the fridge <snip> When I tightened the earth connection at one end of the batteries <snip> it went up at the fridge.

Perfect result :)