Posting Attachments - Problem

Featured Posts

I have previously attached Pdf's of information / documents to posts, but, in the last two days when I try and attach a Pdf I get the message that 

"Allowed file extensions are: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, mp4, 3gp, mov, ogg, ogv, mpg, mpeg, flv, webm, wmv, avi, m4v "

Pdf seems to have disappeared.

Is it just me ?

Have I done something ?

Have the forum changed ?

How did you go about attaching it? I often find that when you add / attach something regardless of what it is it makes the forum interface go all squiffy. I though it was because you were dragging and dropping rather than choosing files and up loading. For me anyway it seems dragging and dropping formats differently from uploading and when I do it it makes everything all squiffy. I have also found that while something may be accepted for attachment if the file is slightly bigger than the forum likes it might not be shown with all its moving parts. 

Is it just with this one file that you've tried to upload more than once or different files?

No - I used the "Choose files" to attach button - exactly as I have done for years.

No - several different ones.

I have just tried 2 more - one at 1.5mb and one at 0.5mb

When trying to attach, the message actually comes up with a list of 'accepted' formats and Pdf is not listed.

27 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, mp4, 3gp, mov, ogg, ogv, mpg, mpeg, flv, webm, wmv, avi, m4v

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

In that case have you tried dragging and dropping? Sorry not being more help. :)

Yes - just tried it now - I get the same message :

Allowed file extensions are: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, mp4, 3gp, mov, ogg, ogv, mpg, mpeg, flv, webm, wmv, avi, m4v

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

In that case have you tried dragging and dropping? Sorry not being more help. :)

Can you post a Pdf ?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Kudzucraft said:

Just a guess but they did just update the software if I remember correctly.  I am betting someone has figured out a way attach harmful data to PDF files and they removed that option.

It could well be a 'software inmprovement'.

Hopefully this will be seen by tech-support @RichM 

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

I might have mentioned this before but your and only your attachments regularly bugger up the formatting on the forum for me.

Maybe it's somehow related

Same here and as far as I can tell it is only Alan's attachments, haven't seen it happen with anybody else, so far.