Crazed Perspex windows

Featured Posts

The lift out windows on the undercloth part of our butty are made from 6mm Perspex Acrylic sheets. One of these has become badly crazed.  Googling around I discover that this is a common problem, especially if they are exposed to sunlight as ours are.

There doesn’t appear to be any way of avoiding this so I was wondering if polycarbonate sheets would fare better. I’d be grateful for any advice before I make a replacement.  

1 hour ago, stegra said:

Polycarbonate sheet has uv protection on one side so you need to fit it the right way around. 

Just replaced the front cabin windows on my grp cruiser with polycarbonate.

Could you tell me which side is which.

I have looked long and hard at the windows for  "this side out" but can't see it. just remembered ,I did one window with the manufacturer's name on the outside and the other with the name inside. So I will see which one crazes first . 

Edited by Mad Harold

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

Just replaced the front cabin windows on my grp cruiser with polycarbonate.

Could you tell me which side is which.

I have looked long and hard at the windows for  "this side out" but can't see it. just remembered ,I did one window with the manufacturer's name on the outside and the other with the name inside. So I will see which one crazes first . 

The branded protective film should go to the outside.