HELP NEEDED: Tow from Abingdon to Eynsham

VanessaS

Featured Posts

I dont know if anyone can help out a desperate boater on the Thames. Engine of my river cruiser (30 by 10,3) is dead. I need to get a tow from Abingdon Marina to Oxford Cruisers, Eynsham. Is any really kind person likely to be passing in the next coupe of weeks? Fuel and beer money assured! KRs Vanessa

14 minutes ago, VanessaS said:

I dont know if anyone can help out a desperate boater on the Thames. Engine of my river cruiser (30 by 10,3) is dead. I need to get a tow from Abingdon Marina to Oxford Cruisers, Eynsham. Is any really kind person likely to be passing in the next coupe of weeks? Fuel and beer money assured! KRs Vanessa

Not an answer to your question and please ignore if you don't want to hear.

That seems a bit drastic, what happened, who diagnosed the fault and what did they say the problem is. Just maybe you don't need to go to Eynsham.

1 hour ago, VanessaS said:

Hi Tony, No do definately need to get to Eynsham. Engine is seized!!

Oh dear, so no chance of a local member doing anything then. I hope someone offers help, regrettably my boat is for sale many miles away. Maybe something to check. It is not unknown for alternators to seize and give the impression of a seized engine. If when you try to turn the bottom bely pulley with a great big spanner you see the belt moving there is a fair chance its a seized alternator.

Best of luck and hope it is not too expensive.

34 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Oh dear, so no chance of a local member doing anything then. I hope someone offers help, regrettably my boat is for sale many miles away. Maybe something to check. It is not unknown for alternators to seize and give the impression of a seized engine. If when you try to turn the bottom bely pulley with a great big spanner you see the belt moving there is a fair chance its a seized alternator.

Best of luck and hope it is not too expensive.

Unfortunately it sounds like it's going to be.

Hope not as serious as it sounds.