Amazing service from FOTRN & the EA today.

blackrose

Featured Posts

Coming up the River Nene today at Higham lock I got chatting to a boater coming the other way. I was already in the lock and we were both single handed so asked him if he'd mind waiting when the boat came up while I jumped into the boat quicky to go to the toilet as I was busting for a p*ss. When I came out of the boat another boat had turned up so I wasted no time opening the gate on my side and moving out the lock. It wasn't until I got to Lower Wellingborough lock I realised I'd left my EA key in the control box back at Higham. Fortunately the Wellingborough locks don't require a key so I proceded through the lock towards Wellingborough. I called FOTRN to ask them if they knew how I could get hold of a key and the guy said if I moored in Wellingborough he'd bring me one this evening. Amazing! 

But even more amazing was that as I approached Wellingborough an EA vehicle was parked by the side of the river and the bloke asked me if I'd lost my key! He said he'd heard from Kevin in the farm shop by Higham lock that I'd lost my key, that it hadn't been handed in, but he had one he could sell me. He also took my number so that if it was handed in he'd get it back to me. You can't ask for more than that!

In all the excitement I forgot to ask how Kevin knew I'd lost my key? Possibly the bloke from FOTRN called him to ask if he'd found it. I guess one of the other boats going the other way picked it up. 

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

You mean you don't carry a spare ;)

I assume you meant the farm shop at Ditchford lock (the lock with the radial gate) as I'm not aware of one at Higham

Seriously, the river is such a great place with great people.

Edited by Loddon