Impossible to remove the plastic (pointed) cone of propeller..

HarrisonMelecchi

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, Bod said:

There are some lock-tabs that will have to be knocked open, before the cone will unscrew off.  I believe, going by the link in one of your posts.

Bod

I tried to read the manual, but there are some terms and small writing that I couldnt understand. But it is good to know that there is something that locks the cone, at least it means that it is not a real problem. I just need to find it. Anyway, thanks for it!

24 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I can't see any links in the OP

Is this an outboard or a Z drive? What make/model is it? Surely it will tilt or wind out of the water?

It is a Z drive, I don't know the model yet. Starting from zero, the last owner were clueless. And he broke the lift piece of the z drive. So I have no choice to make it under the water by myself or wait 3 months to the marina take the boat  off water.

I bought  a water mask, it is easy to get into the propeller, but I can't remove this cone, tried to turn left with a wrench, but nothing.. even the propeller is not moving to any side. And someone said there is a Lock that must be open to make it happen,  but I couldn't understand it by the manual. So any insight is more than welcome! 

20190214_151253.jpg

20190217_124336.jpg

50 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I can't see any links in the OP

Is this an outboard or a Z drive? What make/model is it? Surely it will tilt or wind out of the water?

Same question, with replies.

Same question was previously asked in Boat building & maint... but had no replies.

Bod

9 hours ago, Bod said:
3 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Should not that drive wind/crank up so the prop is out of the water. Then the OP could see what they are doing.

Exactly why I was asking. 

I can't imagine trying to reach below the water level to reach the propellor, unless you've got arms like an orangutan and anti-diffraction empowered vision. 

ps …. I have no idea why it says above 9 hours ago, Bod said: …. cos he didn't