How does the Kennet & Avon stay wet??

jetzi

Featured Posts

Actually that is something which really bugs me. I know all you pump out and composters will throw this in my face, but when you use cassettes and are relying on a CRT elsan - which is then closed long term (thinking if the one on the GU south of Leamington Spa and the one at Rugby) what do you do? My feeling is that is an elsan is out of commission for a while a "cube" should be deployed nearby on CRT land, padlocked inside security fencing if needs be. 

On 21/08/2019 at 14:16, magpie patrick said:

Taking this to it's logical conclusion, boats should be filled with water before using locks, so they displace more water...:wacko::blink: 

and if you fill up the boats at the bottom they can take the water back to the top and you don't need pumps at all

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 36national said:

and if you fill up the boats at the bottom they can take the water back to the top and you don't need pumps at all

If you disembarked the crew at the bottom of a flight and only allow them back aboard when in the top, pound it helps the levels too.   At the top of a flight and before descending, they need to stay aboard until the lock gates are closed and sealed.

Hope that helps.