Unidentified Tank

Featured Posts

Hi All, as some may know we're currently getting a boat surveyed to buy. When I had a look around the boat seemed to have two tanks under the bed - one was definately the pump-out tank (furthest away in picture), but there was also another of equal size (nearer). Outside we seem to have two water inlets. The main water tank is at the bow as normal. Any idea's on the second tank?  My surveyor didn't know....  The boat only has one toilet.

20190803_112031.jpg

I’m sure I remember reading about a guy that was very fussy about having his boat perfectly level (from side to side) so he put a water tank next to the pump out tank which supplied the toilet and could also top up the main tank, so as the toilet tank filled the water tank emptied keeping the combined weight constant

added - now read post #2 again, already said......

Edited by Chewbacka

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

I’m sure I remember reading about a guy that was very fussy about having his boat perfectly level (from side to side) so he put a water tank next to the pump out tank which supplied the toilet and could also top up the main tank, so as the toilet tank filled the water tank emptied keeping the combined weight constant

added - now read post #2 again, already said......

That was my first thought too. Loo flush tank. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Nahh... clean bog water... for flushing the bog ;)

Misunderstood.. 

Happens I have a 'day tank' for bog. Wanted drinking water and bog water seperated as far as possible. OTT maybe but after I realised that both were served by the same source with common piping I couldn't enjoy either a cup of tea or a shower.

14 hours ago, Slim said:

Misunderstood.. 

Happens I have a 'day tank' for bog. Wanted drinking water and bog water seperated as far as possible. OTT maybe but after I realised that both were served by the same source with common piping I couldn't enjoy either a cup of tea or a shower.

Do you have two separate water main supplies to your house?

15 hours ago, Slim said:

Misunderstood.. 

Happens I have a 'day tank' for bog. Wanted drinking water and bog water seperated as far as possible. OTT maybe...

I don't think there's any 'maybe' required in that sentence.

27 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Mystery now solved...…….

Just been told it is a water tank just for use by the toilet - seems a bit ott, but hey ho!

most of you got it... :)  thanks!!!

I think NB Earnest of the Tuesday Night Club  was set up like that, also sea water flush via a diverter valve . http://tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/

Edited by ditchcrawler

31 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I think NB Earnest of the Tuesday Night Club  was set up like that, also sea water flush via a diverter valve . http://tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/

So he had to put out to sea every time he wanted to flush the loo?  Isn’t that a tad inconvenient?

;)

Strikes me as odd that the Surveyor could not figure that out. Of course the plumbing just could be hidden from sight, but if I were the surveyor I would have really not like saying... I don't know. 

I did home inspections for many years and sometimes you do run into some odd things. But saying I don't know was always a last resort.