Why is this happening?

pete.i

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Oy, that's ageist. Besides, I've been grumpy all my life. ?

I have never considered you as part of the Grumpy Old Man group! Far from it.

43 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I may yet join you on your Autumn break.Are we going anywhere nice?

Your choice, Rusty. But I can't go far from home as I have a cat who needs regular medication.

37 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

?W?

Ain't there just - all the more reason to hang around and even up the numbers a bit. :)

Sorry, but I have a life. This forum is s very minor part of it.

Debby - Grumpy Old Woman

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Erm, yes, one of ours died three weeks ago. We are sad!

Bloody orrible little furry vermin that they are.

Oh no! I'm so very sorry to hear that. We would probably have lost one of ours if we didn't have such a fantastic vet. She's cost us a small fortune, but she's worth it. I don't know how we'd cope if we lose her.

1 minute ago, DaveandDebby said:

Oh no! I'm so very sorry to hear that. We would probably have lost one of ours if we didn't have such a fantastic vet. She's cost us a small fortune, but she's worth it. I don't know how we'd cope if we lose her.

Yep, they come into your home, become part of your family then break your bloomin heart.

We have one left, and boy is he getting spoilt at the moment.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Yep, they come into your home, become part of your family then break your bloomin heart.

We have one left, and boy is he getting spoilt at the moment.

Sorry, one of ours was just trying to drink out of my water glass...

I hadn't had cats since I was a kid, and my first one ran away to live in a pigsty with a feral cat. After that I always had dogs, but Dave talked me into taking on two rescue kittens. Twelve years later, we couldn't imagine life without them.

• Happy 2

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

The best way for the forum to flourish is for the majority of reasonable members to stay and post intresting stuff, eventually the mischief makers will bugger off.

I'm not sure that follows. Dan and Team Mod specifically want political discussion here and it is cross-contamination from the political stuff that drags the mood of the forum down, in my opinion. The bad attitude and rudeness towards fellow posters in the political threads overflows into the boating discussions, even though the political threads might not be in one's VNC. 

Is there somewhere else people discuss boating where political threads do constantly not occur? I'd be off like a shot if there was.

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, DaveandDebby said:

Sorry, one of ours was just trying to drink out of my water glass...

I hadn't had cats since I was a kid, and my first one ran away to live in a pigsty with a feral cat. After that I always had dogs, but Dave talked me into taking on two rescue kittens. Twelve years later, we couldn't imagine life without them.

Well, at twelve years old, with luck, they have a fair few years in them yet.

Our rescue kitten was 17 years when she died a few weeks back. His lord ship is 18 years old. If he dies, I will be so angry I will bloody well kill him!

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well, at twelve years old, with luck, they have a fair few years in them yet.

Our rescue kitten was 17 years when she died a few weeks back. His lord ship is 18 years old. If he dies, I will be so angry I will bloody well kill him!

Our vet told us that the treatment Eartha is on should give her an extra year. But we don't know when from... As for Cleo, she's too lazy to catch a cold, bless her. They were 7 months when we got them, they'd been dumped at the vets.

Cats have been known to live till they're 30, so you could have yours for plenty of years yet!

3 minutes ago, DaveandDebby said:

Our vet told us that the treatment Eartha is on should give her an extra year. But we don't know when from... As for Cleo, she's too lazy to catch a cold, bless her. They were 7 months when we got them, they'd been dumped at the vets.

Cats have been known to live till they're 30, so you could have yours for plenty of years yet!

Give them lots of hugs. Orrible bloody things.

Our Dylan is too stupid to live to 30. Florence was much smarter......she didn't make it.

Ooops.I think we may have hijacked this thread!

4 hours ago, pete.i said:

I get this all of a sudden when view the forum when I am not logged in. It's the bit about not seeing posts as I am using a forum that requires ten posts to view. I've never seen this before, any ideas anyone?

The correct answer, sadly, is that the forum software is a complete mess.

• Greenie 2

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm not sure that follows. Dan and Team Mod specifically want political discussion here and it is cross-contamination from the political stuff that drags the mood of the forum down, in my opinion. The bad attitude and rudeness towards fellow posters in the political threads overflows into the boating discussions, even though the political threads might not be in one's VNC

Whilst that may well be true, the current state of the country as a result of B...it means that we’re all feeling down and grumpy, I suspect, whether Leaver or Remainer.

Certainly I’ve gone through a phase recently of feeling that the forum is such an unhappy place now I’m disinclined to visit it. But then we have a few seriously helpful threads that lift the mood again. 

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I cannot understand why you would ever view and not be logged in - if there was something you wanted to reply / ask about you'd have to close down and log in anyway.

You can be logged in and 'hidden' if you select the right button - again, unless you don't want anyone to know you are watching in secret, why bother ?

You don't need to understand it. Another irrelevant statement and one of the reasons why I don't log in unless I have something to say which is becoming rarer and rarer on this forum which seems to be filling more and more with irrelevant posts. I do wish that people would would just answer a simple question but then pigs might fly as far as this forum is concerned. 

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, pete.i said:

You don't need to understand it. Another irrelevant statement and one of the reasons why I don't log in unless I have something to say which is becoming rarer and rarer on this forum which seems to be filling more and more with irrelevant posts. I do wish that people would would just answer a simple question but then pigs might fly as far as this forum is concerned. 

Seconded.

From towpath discussions about this forum, the vast majority of visitors visit to read but would not dream of posting. These people don't need to even register, let alone log in.

• Greenie 1

Posts in the political and current affairs forum only show for those logged in. This is why they are not shown in VNC if you’re not logged in. 

Posts of this nature do not represent our purpose and as such We don’t wish to increase their prominence on the site. 

A recent poll was in favour of hiding posts in this forum from VNC. We will implement this shortly.

This should not be the case however for the marina and mooring review forum where posts should be displayed on VNC irrespective of whether or not you’re logged in. I will check this tonight