New life flows into Great Yarmouth as waterways reopen

David Mack

Featured Posts

Nice!

I grew up less than a mile from there in the 60s and went to school literally just around the corner.

The waterways and the old 100 yards * 25 yards unheated open air salt water swimming pool were my two favourite places.

The latter was demolished after I left and replaced by some sort of indoor fake waves thing. 

10 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Nice!

I grew up less than a mile from there in the 60s and went to school literally just around the corner.

The waterways and the old 100 yards * 25 yards unheated open air salt water swimming pool were my two favourite places.

The latter was demolished after I left and replaced by some sort of indoor fake waves thing. 

Didn't know you were a littol oll nofulk bouy . You remember the boats that use to use the waterways then and also the lighting at night

35 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Didn't know you were a littol oll nofulk bouy . You remember the boats that use to use the waterways then and also the lighting at night

I do indeed. Not in detail though, memory of my childhood isn't good enough now to picture it but I do remember it being nicely lit at night. I left for the bright lights of the smoke when was 17 and didn't go back for a couple of years. It seemed very strange and different by then. I've still got family nearby, moved out of the town now though, but it's 7 years since I was last there.