Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering - "One Big Weekend"

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But has it though? To me it looks like a one man crusade against Hudsons being conducted by Frangar, in much the same way as and probably in response to Nick conducting his one made crusade against historics.

Most of the other posts about Hudsons are merely fun-poking, and few or rather none of the fun-pokers are doing it maliciously. 

Hey I’m quite happy with my crusade!

It counters Nicks one man campaign nicely! I’m not against all Hudson’s....indeed one let me breast up in York a few years back...he however by his own admission wasn’t part of the butler brigade....I’ve never seen such a well travelled example...and I don’t mean that as an insult...It was nice to see a less than shiny example owned by a really interesting chap who didn’t just polish it! 

I too think Nick is wanting some real rivets and a nice big twin resplendent in its own room. 

22 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Do you count yourself amongst those numbers, Nick?

He would be outraged if a hysteric steeres by volunteers moored up behind him and started a genny up.

The fact that he was moving on anyway would in no way ameliorate the outragedness (mk11)

Edited by matty40s

19 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Do you count yourself amongst those numbers, Nick?

No. I have never been outraged on here, or (if you are going to dredge something up from 10 years ago) very rarely. I think I was once outraged at something very homophobic but rather than ranting, I reported the post in silence and it was removed. Can’t think of another time.

• Haha 1

Just read this lot - late in yes [thankfully], but busy enjoying life and looking forward to gumming up Alvecote in a couple of weeks with an RN gathering!

I was told a story by Lawrence in Alvecote; while leaving Glascote top lock, he was asked what boat he was steering - "Fellows Morton & Clayton's Jaguar" he replied. 

Then came this: "Oh, mine's a Hudson" ?

I know of another Hudson  with so many buckets, cans and barrels on top who refuses to allow any boat to share broad locks.  But on the flipside there's a regular on the forum who had 2 of them and he's a regular guy.

Moral? Don't judge a book...….

Back in the day, I would have loved to have owned a pair but  settled for my 18 year old liveaboard Colecraft 70ft with a DM3 in the 'ole.  But Lawrence did let me take Tench and Australia through Buckby locks some years ago. That was fun

Don't worry - be happy