nbfiresprite

Bacon Butties debate  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Bacon Butty have butter?

• With butter
    • Without

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

A Philistine with a healthy bowel, though.

(Sorry, probably too much information there).

So have I, mine was recently checked again ? We are both lucky. My Old mums is probably still ok as she is still alive and kicking after close on 99 years of white bread. White bread did however kill my old Dad at a young aged he only got to 90. I am afriaid there is far far more to a healthy diet than mere bread types :D and destyoying a bacon butty with anything other than white bread should carry a minimum sentence of 14 years on first conviction.

• Greenie 1

They'll have to catch me in the act - I am likely to destroy the evidence quickly.

Agree with you about life expectancy, though -- it's largely a lottery, but there is nothing wrong with improving your chances if possible.

(Where the National Lottery is concerned, I have greatly improved my chances of not losing anything by never buying a ticket in the first place)

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

So have I, mine was recently checked again ? We are both lucky. My Old mums is probably still ok as she is still alive and kicking after close on 99 years of white bread. White bread did however kill my old Dad at a young aged he only got to 90. I am afriaid there is far far more to a healthy diet than mere bread types :D and destyoying a bacon butty with anything other than white bread should carry a minimum sentence of 14 years on first conviction.

The classic bacon butty is on white bread with plenty of butter but...

On a good quality brown/soda or similar is equally as good just different 

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

They'll have to catch me in the act - I am likely to destroy the evidence quickly.

Agree with you about life expectancy, though -- it's largely a lottery, but there is nothing wrong with improving your chances if possible.

(Where the National Lottery is concerned, I have greatly improved my chances of not losing anything by never buying a ticket in the first place)

Me too,  I havnt been mug enough to throw any money on that " Fools tax " for many years.

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

White bread did however kill my old Dad at a young aged he only got to 90.

Thought you were going to repeat Eric Morecambe’s gag about his Uncle Henry being killed by too much white bread...

He came out of the pub, stepped into the road and a baker’s van ran him over.

• Haha 1