Bacon Butty debate

nbfiresprite

Bacon Butties debate  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Bacon Butty have butter?

• With butter
    • Without

Featured Posts

We used to live in a Yorkshire cottage with a 2 acre paddock and 2 acre wood. The pork we had from our woodland reared pigs was fantastic. We also used to make burgers and sausages and had help from friends & neighbours in return for a share of the meat. The belly pork from traditional breeds is second to none. 

After 17 years we fancied a change. We moved to a low maintenance eco-house with less land but a great view, so we could spend more time afloat. 

EC2E3033-2EE3-4CB8-BED3-C6EE1F1819B3.jpeg

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Good for you :)

I admit to being slightly more rotund than I used to be and have a similar attitude to you

Although they will take my butter from my cold dead hands ;)

Yeah, lol. Just as a for instance, before dieting I used to use a block or two of butter a week and now use a block of butter per month!! We used to buy about 1 litre of cooking oil a fortnight before starting to diet and now so far THIS YEAR we havnt bought any at all.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, MHS said:

We used to live in a Yorkshire cottage with a 2 acre paddock and 2 acre wood. The pork we had from our woodland reared pigs was fantastic. We also used to make burgers and sausages and had help from friends & neighbours in return for a share of the meat. The belly pork from traditional breeds is second to none. 

After 17 years we fancied a change. We moved to a low maintenance eco-house with less land but a great view, so we could spend more time afloat. 

What a great photo of county councillors submitting their expense accounts.

2 hours ago, MHS said:

I have a real soft spot for pigs, treated properly they are affectionate and very funny, with of course the added advantage that they taste lush

• Greenie 1

' Tang Sanzang' is a young girl posing as a boy monk,   

What this has to do with the subject of Bacon Butties? Is another question.

The may thing being is how will Matty40 cope with no bacon butties for a fortnight or a proper cup of tea. Yanks don't have a clue when it comes to bacon or brewing tea. 

Edited by nbfiresprite

6 hours ago, MHS said:

After 17 years we fancied a change. We moved to a low maintenance eco-house with less land but a great view, so we could spend more time afloat

You didnt get it quite right. You should have done what we did and binned the house and spend Mooooooocho more time afloat!!

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

You didnt get it quite right. You should have done what we did and binned the house and spend Mooooooocho more time afloat!!

Maybe, but we moved house 6 years ago and have now just sold our business of 29 years, so we now plan to. 

5 hours ago, MHS said:

Maybe, but we moved house 6 years ago and have now just sold our business of 29 years, so we now plan to. 

Head to Las Vegus and put the whole lot on Red 13 and let the ball roll.

Edited by nbfiresprite

5 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Head to Las Vegus and put the whole lot on Red 13 and let the ball roll.

An exciting thought but as 13 is traditionally black, isn’t that a bit risky? 

We will just leave our life’s earnings safely in our Northern Rock account!

Back on topic, we’ve not had a bacon butty for a few weeks, so will have to buy some ketchup, mushrooms &!good bacon in Skipton this week. 

2 hours ago, MHS said:

We will just leave our life’s earnings safely in our Northern Rock account!

Really? I took out one of their ISAs some years ago, but it has since become a Virgin Money account. Now I see that it's about to become a Clydesdale Band account. Is yours still under the Northern Rock name?

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Really? I took out one of their ISAs some years ago, but it has since become a Virgin Money account. Now I see that it's about to become a Clydesdale Band account. Is yours still under the Northern Rock name?

We’ve luckily never had a Northern Rock account. My humour was misguided. 

I thought many people lost the lot when they folded. 

2 minutes ago, MHS said:

We’ve luckily never had a Northern Rock account. My humour was misguided. 

I thought many people lost the lot when they folded. 

Ah, gotcha.

When they were resurrected they were offering the best interest rates around, presumably to attract as many new customers as possible, so that's when I took my ISA with them. I don't know if any previous customers had lost any money.

On 18/08/2019 at 14:55, rusty69 said:

Monkey has always loved Pigsy.

On 18/08/2019 at 15:08, tree monkey said:

I used to love that show

I never really got into Monkey (Magic), I watched it and wanted to like it but in the end it would confuse me terribly, I think I was too young to understand it and Pigsy used to frighten me something awful. 

Anyway back to butties - I prefer them with butter but not to the point where it melts and drips, Brown Sauce is definitely very yummy but I love it with an egg. I am a bit of a heathen in that I cook my bacon in the oven rather than fry it and I never buy bacon if it's going to leak all over the place, none of that watery stuff for me. One of the best foods you can get in Scotland is the humble Morning Roll I've never managed to get them quite like it down south but the are the best thing for a good bacon butty, the down side... they don't come gluten free so I can't eat them any more. ?

iu.jpeg