Problem with victory inverrer

tagulablue

Featured Posts

I have searched through all the previous inverter queries but couldn't find anything to help... I have a Victron Phoenix multi plus 12/2500/120... All fine and dandy whilst we have been out cruising for 3 months. Come back to marina connected to shore power and all was well until today.  Woke up to find it was showing no shore power. Bollard had tripped... sorted that out and power came back on for 30 mins or so. This time bollard was fine but all you could hear from the unit is a clicking noise as it tries to transfer over to shore line.  This problem as occurred before whilst boat was out for blacking.  The guy at boatyard took front off unit ...stared at it ..shook his head and it all started working again. Tried resetting 16A red switch because mains green light flashed for a few seconds.  Have check victron handbook and FAq on victron website.  Also rung Springwood Haven but Kevin on holiday until Monday but I was told Victron won't even repair units over 10 years ..mine is 12 years old.   Any ideas would be most welcome.  Thank you

First check - try another bollard. 

Second check - confirm that incoming 230V is at about that voltage (+10% -6%). 

If those two checks are ok then it’s likely that the MultiPlus is indeed faulty. 

Thanks Wotever... checked bollard...checked landline....checked voltage ... all ok... it's def trying to power across because of the clicking.... also checked all the external fuses and all fine. Leaving the marina tomorrow so no major problem until we come back in for the winter but I am loathed to buy new just because victron won't service anything above 10 years old.

10 minutes ago, tagulablue said:

I am loathed to buy new just because victron won't service anything above 10 years old.

I had a Victron charger which 'stopped working'.

Voltage going in and all sorts of random volts (DC) coming out.

Spoke with Victron - "send it back to local dealer who will do a quick evaluation and give you a price for sending it back to Victron and for the repair and return shipping".

So I did - I think it was about £20 just to post it to UK Victron dealer.

Quote for repair came back as over £100 MORE than I could buy a new Victron unit for, "would you like us to return it to you - cost £50"

No thank you.

Not being cynical but maybe that's one way of them getting loads of spare parts ??? (all the units the owner won't pay for the return of)