Still chopping wood

fergyguy

Featured Posts

As part of my pre boat preparation and the selling off of my house I’m busy sawing up my pile of 5 year seasoned wood for use occasionally on my multifuel stove. Most of what I have is apple and pear ranging from small sticks for kindling to nice logs 5 to 6 inch thick but Iv just uncovered about 10 lengths of conifer each is about 6 inch thick and 10 feet long and well seasoned... these would make a good stock of wood but unsure on how it be when burning? What’s your views? Is it worth sawing and bagging?

8 minutes ago, fergyguy said:

As part of my pre boat preparation and the selling off of my house I’m busy sawing up my pile of 5 year seasoned wood for use occasionally on my multifuel stove. Most of what I have is apple and pear ranging from small sticks for kindling to nice logs 5 to 6 inch thick but Iv just uncovered about 10 lengths of conifer each is about 6 inch thick and 10 feet long and well seasoned... these would make a good stock of wood but unsure on how it be when burning? What’s your views? Is it worth sawing and bagging?

Yes, it's fine to burn, it might not last as long as equivalent lump of a decent hardwood but it's fine, as long as it's properly seasoned

As there’s loads and it’s free I just felt it’s a shame not to use it. I bought a large transit van jammed full of wood inc these conifer trunks off eBay and I bid just 10p as it had a start price of 1p and won the load so nice and cheap fuel