Almost finished stripping.

Featured Posts

The Paint Stripper stuff works - but have spent over £1000 on just stripper 'paste',

See Video

Peelaway-Marine-Boat-Antifouling-Stripping-Antifoul-Remover-Paint-Stripper-10Kg

We are nearly finished stripping, then just need final sanding before  2-coats of 'High Build Primer', then primer / undercoat followed by Top Coat and anti-slip on the 'walkways'.

Everything 2-part epoxy.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

7 minutes ago, croftie said:

Bet half way through you thought "Why the hell did I start this"

Quite a while before that.

We were putting on the stripper-paste too thick (about 3mm) which meant it didn't work very well and we used twice as much as we should (recommended coverage 1-2mm)

Now need a few dry, windless days so we can get some sanding done.

1 minute ago, Murflynn said:

I used a similar product and covered the area with cling film to stop it drying out - remove after 24 hours and scrape the area with a plastic spatula.  20 years of anti-fouling needed 3 treatments to get back to clean gelcoat.

Sounds similar, but this stuff is supposed to take of up to 18 coats in one 'go'.

Works with all single-pack paints (not just Anti-Fouling)

Cover it with the supplied 'blanket' to seal the active ingredient in and leave 6 - 12 - 24 hours and it is supposed to just pull off with the 'blanket'.

I think part of our problem was that when we started and the temperatures were up in the mid-high 30's the solvent was evaporating out before we could get the covers 'rolled' on.