CRT getting rid of more of the national waterways museum collection.

frangar

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, frangar said:

What sort of argument is that?? Bizarre!! Surely they should be encouraging people to try out what canals were built for...show someone on a dayboat/water taxi/hire boat etc. Really not difficult. 

Not bizarre at all.
There are more walkers and worm drowners using the canals than there are boaters.

That is a fact some members here fail to recognise.

8 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Not bizarre at all.
There are more walkers and worm drowners using the canals than there are boaters.

So why is that a reason for any advertising not to encourage boating? If I ran a boat hire business I’d be pretty peeved that CRT has ignored my user group in their expensive TV ad campaign. 

31 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Not bizarre at all.

I wonder how the income from 'worm drowners' and 'walkers' compares with that from boaters ?

In light of C&RTs precarious financial position they should be doing their utmost to increase income.

33 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Not bizarre at all.

....but very few wouldn't be here if there were no boaters Graham. You don't get many fishermen on filled in canals and I wouldnt have thought Foxton would be a big draw with no boats moving. 

21 minutes ago, matty40s said:

....but very few wouldn't be here if there were no boaters Graham. You don't get many fishermen on filled in canals and I wouldnt have thought Foxton would be a big draw with no boats moving. 

"We do actually need the boats."

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I'm not convinced that "Come visit the canals, get razor bladed" is a message that is going to help.

Jen ?

The museum at Goole has gone and its collection dispersed.

The sell Peaky Blinders beer at the Gloucester museum