Pram hood quote for cruiser stern narrowboat

henryjbrown

Featured Posts

Hello there,

Would anybody be able to recommend a company to fit a pram hood cover onto our cruiser stern narrowboat? We’re on the Gloucester & Sharpness canal close to Saul Junction and have received one quote for £1900 which is a little steep for my wife and I. We were trying to aim for under £1500. Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Henry

6 minutes ago, henryjbrown said:

Hello there,

Would anybody be able to recommend a company to fit a pram hood cover onto our cruiser stern narrowboat? We’re on the Gloucester & Sharpness canal close to Saul Junction and have received one quote for £1900 which is a little steep for my wife and I. We were trying to aim for under £1500. Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Henry

You can get cheap. but you end up with 'that is what you get'.

We had one made about 5 or 6 years ago and it was £1900 then.

Don't go for 'PVC' covering it gets very stiff & brittle in the cold - go for Pukka 'canvas' (and out of the normally offered 2 grades, go for the thicker / heavier grade)

Pay the price and buy it once !!!

20 minutes ago, henryjbrown said:

Hello there,

Cheers,

Henry

Just a thought: wished we'd have had a roll-up or removable panel at the front for cruising in the rain, it's not easy to steer through a plastic window :( 

34 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Just a thought: wished we'd have had a roll-up or removable panel at the front for cruising in the rain, it's not easy to steer through a plastic window :( 

A sharp Stanley knife will soon fix that!

Then have a canvas zip up panel sewn in.

An umbrella mount on the tiller is useful too,or you could be like me and in bad weather put the kettle on and light the stove and switch the telly on and callit a day.

• Greenie 2
  • Horror 1