CO Detector purchase high St

rasputin

Featured Posts

This is the Screwfix one I got for the bedroom in addition to the existing detector in the main cabin area. Meets EN50291-2. There is an annoying white LED flash every few seconds that says it is working, Not so good for a sleeping area. A tiny bit of masking tape to just cover the LED mutes the light level enough so it can still be seen, but doesn't destroy your night vision!

Jen

37 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

This is the Screwfix one I got for the bedroom in addition to the existing detector in the main cabin area. Meets EN50291-2. There is an annoying white LED flash every few seconds that says it is working, Not so good for a sleeping area. A tiny bit of masking tape to just cover the LED mutes the light level enough so it can still be seen, but doesn't destroy your night vision!

Jen

Guess that depends on where it's positioned. I have the same one but it's behind my head do I can see the reflection but not the actual light. 

Have a second one in the lounge area.

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Jen

The product manual on the screwfix site is the old one which indicates it is not ‘-2’ approved, but the fireangle web site shows it as good for boats.  So I shall get one. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Jen

Yes that's the one I have now