Elton Moss 'Radiators'...

Featured Posts

On 13/08/2019 at 10:40, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nope. Do some googling and you'll find dark matt surfaces transmit radiation more easily than shiny pale surfaces. Its all to do with how similar the surface interface is to a mirror, or not. 

But radiators are incorrectly named. They don’t radiate, they convect. So they can be any colour you like. 

Edited by WotEver
One of those double post thingys.

Just now, WotEver said:

But radiators are incorrectly named. They don’t radiate, they connect. So they can be any colour you like. 

But radiators are incorrectly named. They don’t radiate, they convect. So they can be any colour you like. 

They radiate too. All hot surfaces radiate. 

I can put my head around the door of a room when commissioning a new heating system and just 'know' if the rad is hot or not by seeing it from a distance. I no longer haver to walk over to it and touch it. My rationalisation of this ability is the skin on my face is being tuned in to and picking up the radiated heat. 

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They radiate too. All hot surfaces radiate. 

Yeah, but a minuscule percentage of the heat is transmitted by that method. The vast majority comes from convection which is why they’re invariably mounted below windows.