Over night for the boat in Wigan ?

W+T

Featured Posts

Well this weekend we made it from Hyde To Boothstown, so next trip before we get to Parbold is to get to Wigan flight.

Having not been there for some 20 odd years i am looking for a safe place to leave the boat  overnight. The next day will be to get to Parbold. A few short trips is better than one Big one. 

Any suggestions please :)

Admiral Faffer :)

1 minute ago, Pie Eater said:

In the dry dock pound.

I have left ours there overnight but it was a few years ago.
Can you go a bit further and get to Crooke Hall? Safer there. Sometimes Yvonne at Crooke marina will let you leave a boat overnight, for a fee of course!

1 minute ago, W+T said:

Who do i ask about staying there. 

Thanks ;)

It’s just the pound between two locks where there happens to be a dry dock. So it is just normal towpath mooring. Possibly 48 hr, can’t remember - but anyway you just want one night.

• Greenie 1

It's a pound bewtween the two locks, that happens to have a dry dock there, as well as office blocks etc.. 

there are mooring rings available!

Nipper

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, catweasel said:

I have left ours there overnight but it was a few years ago.
Can you go a bit further and get to Crooke Hall? Safer there. Sometimes Yvonne at Crooke marina will let you leave a boat overnight, for a fee of course!

Just have a look where it is, trying to find the spot on Canal plan AC

Can get another half hour or so, maybe an hour.

down the lock below the dry dock pound and there are moorings there on the off side! Also i was eyeing up moorings by the Wigon pier, the area looks deserted, well it did a few weeks ago!

Nipper

Edited by nipper

Just now, Pie Eater said:

Are you aware that Boothstown to Parbold would only take about 9 hours?

Yes but no rush. Trying to spread it out over the next few weeks before the 14 September for the Ribble link.  All planning time for this. I have a young lad coming along, Brothers kid., i dont want him getting fed up with a 9hr trip.