Morse controller

Micheal

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

i have just purchased my first boat and the Morse control lever keeps coming off ? At the moment it has been patched up

my question is can you purchase the lever separately or do you need a complete unit ?

fitted is a TFX 700 

many thanks 

Mick 

• 2 weeks later...

Last week the lever came off in Mrs Rusty's hand whilst she was turning the boat around. I was on the bank and shouted for her to turn the engine off. In a panic she turned the key, shouted back it won't switch off (forgetting that she had to press the stop button). Laugh, I nearly fell off my deck chair. 

Anyway, when I eventually picked myself up off the floor and got back onboard I stopped the engine, put the lever back on and did up the little grub screw beneath. 

Yours may be different. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Last week the lever came off in Mrs Rusty's hand whilst she was turning the boat around. I was on the bank and shouted for her to turn the engine off. In a panic she turned the key, shouted back it won't switch off (forgetting that she had to press the stop button). Laugh, I nearly fell off my deck chair. 

Anyway, when I eventually picked myself up off the floor and got back onboard I stopped the engine, put the lever back on and did up the little grub screw beneath. 

Yours may be different. 

No my wife is exactly the same. ?

• Greenie 1

46 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Last week the lever came off in Mrs Rusty's hand whilst she was turning the boat around. I was on the bank and shouted for her to turn the engine off. In a panic she turned the key, shouted back it won't switch off (forgetting that she had to press the stop button). Laugh, I nearly fell off my deck chair 

I  can't believe you sit on the towpath in a deck chair watching your wife do maneouvers.

You could sell tickets if you had a few more chairs.

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I  can't believe you sit on the towpath in a deck chair watching your wife do maneouvers.

Perhaps he was at Alvecote. Afterall it was Lady's Day today. ?

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

Perhaps he was at Alvecote. Afterall it was Lady's Day today. ?

She never let's me steer the boat. Apparently I am crap at it.

I, however look much better in the ladies day hat! 

On 11/08/2019 at 18:12, Micheal said:

Hi everyone

i have just purchased my first boat and the Morse control lever keeps coming off ? At the moment it has been patched up

my question is can you purchase the lever separately or do you need a complete unit ?

fitted is a TFX 700 

many thanks 

Mick 

Does this help ?   https://www.boatpartsandspares.co.uk/tfx-700ss-control-replacement-handle-5524-p.asp

On 25/08/2019 at 22:29, Flyboy said:

I think this one is different ?

Just now, Micheal said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Morse-Tfx-Single-Lever-Side-Mount-Control-Box-over-25hp-Engines/362227548059

This is the same unit that i have fitted at the moment.

1 hour ago, Micheal said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Morse-Tfx-Single-Lever-Side-Mount-Control-Box-over-25hp-Engines/362227548059

This is the same unit that i have fitted at the moment.

You will possibly find it in this pdf,   https://www.sillette.co.uk/price_pdf_files/Teleflex Catalogue.pdf

Edited by Flyboy

Hi everyone

fitted is a TFX 700 

many thanks 

Mick 

7A356A04-CE9A-4EA6-A508-89833717FCCB.jpeg

On 25/08/2019 at 21:09, rusty69 said:

Yours may be different. 

My wife is different, no little grub screw that I have ever found, often looked.

• Haha 1

Hi everyone

fitted is a TFX 700 

many thanks 

Mick 

These levers can be purchased from Lake Engineering Company.