Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

RichM

Political & Current Affairs forum - Exclude from View New Content?

Political & Current Affairs forum - Exclude from View New Content?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Political & Current Affairs forum - Should it be excluded from the default "View New Content" activity stream?

• Yes, it should be excluded from the default "View New Content"activity stream
    • No, I think topics submitted in the Political & Current Affairs forum should be displayed in the default "View New Content" activity stream
    • I don't mind
    • Abstain

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/18/19 at 11:01

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Jennifer McM said:

Agreed. 

Politics unfortunately has become tribal. It's brutal. It's personal, and it's absolutely crackers.  

For the good of the forum, which is brilliant by the way, I think the Brexit debate has run it's course, and either side are not going to change their minds. So what's the point of pretending it's a debate? 

It would have been great to discuss developing news, good or bad, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Probably as much point as there is debabating cassette v pumpout v composting.  All sides have made up their minds and aren't going to change.

Just now, Jerra said:

Probably as much point as there is debabating cassette v pumpout v composting.  All sides have made up their minds and aren't going to change.

A discussion doesn't need to become personal though, which sadly it usually comes down to that ☹️

Just now, Jennifer McM said:

A discussion doesn't need to become personal though, which sadly it usually comes down to that ☹️

I have never suggested a discussion should become personal.   However the point you made was that neither side would change and much that is discussed on the forum fits into that category.

However I would agree there is no need for much of the silly school playground name calling which some use.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

I have never suggested a discussion should become personal.   However the point you made was that neither side would change and much that is discussed on the forum fits into that category.

However I would agree there is no need for much of the silly school playground name calling which some use.

No you haven't. But I think the point that Jennifer is making is that some posters resort to personal insult rather than marshall a good counter arguement, which does not contribute to the debate.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

No you haven't. But I think the point that Jennifer is making is that some posters resort to personal insult rather than marshall a good counter arguement, which does not contribute to the debate.

Which I thought I had covered in the last line you quoted.

2 hours ago, rupertbear said:

secondly because I don't want to discover that the person who was so helpful over a previous boating query is, in fact, deeply unpleasant. This has happened in the past.

You are right with your policy...

I wish I had your discipline. I've just discovered in another place that someone I've met when he helped me with a boating problem, and who I have liked, virtually, over the years, is a real twat, and not just politically

He recently told anyone who was listening that he once kicked a dog in the jaw so hard that it made a loud noise, and the dog didn't "harrass" him again.

On 13/08/2019 at 12:09, Richard10002 said:

You are right with your policy...

I wish I had your discipline. I've just discovered in another place that someone I've met when he helped me with a boating problem, and who I have liked, virtually, over the years, is a real twat, and not just politically

He recently told anyone who was listening that he once kicked a dog in the jaw so hard that it made a loud noise, and the dog didn't "harrass" him again.

If I was more disciplined there would be less posts on the B..... thread, and without such a thread I wouldn’t have have found out how many people on the forum have views that make me cringe, let alone the ones who are personally offensive.

• Greenie 3