Brinklow Marina contact

deckhand

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, Howlynn12 said:

Thank you so much for this information. Unfortunately I am not on Facebook . If there are any contact details on there for this chap ( although I do have 3 telephone numbers which I leave messages on once a week ) I would appreciate it if you could let me know . I still haven’t had a response from emails , letters which have been signed for , telephone calls and texts . I have looked at T & C’s and although we didn’t receive a copy of this they are on website to download and they do issue refunds but you need to give 16 weeks notice ? Which is rather a lot as sometimes things happen in life that you can’t foresee 4 months in advance but even so I have been trying to give notice since end of August , beginning of September last year and we paid at end of April so we are legally entitled to a refund but no response in any shape or form has been forthcoming . Thank you for responding to this information and I may just have to go there in person although whether the Harbour Master can deal with financial concerns to the Marina is in doubt in my opinion . I won’t give up though . 

Perhaps just accept that in this case and this business, it isn't worth losing any precious hair over or risk of medical emergency just for a few hundred quid hat someone has obviously found a way of squirreling away.

I delivered a boat there eventually, the boat owner was there, but nobody else around, marina 75% full, pontoons absolutely lethally slippy. It will emerge under a new name, and your money will have gone.

20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Perhaps just accept that in this case and this business, it isn't worth losing any precious hair over or risk of medical emergency just for a few hundred quid hat someone has obviously found a way of squirreling away.

I delivered a boat there eventually, the boat owner was there, but nobody else around, marina 75% full, pontoons absolutely lethally slippy. It will emerge under a new name, and your money will have gone.

Thank you. You are probably right , especially with what is on Companies House Website saying proceeding to dissolve . After hearing that there was a new harbour master there and one of the mobile phones had altered I thought I might at least be able to contact someone . I have looked at the file I had to start and there has been weekly emails , letters ( signed for ) , voicemails and texts 2-3 times a week since August ( end of ) with no response but if you delivered a boat there , someone must have arranged the mooring ? Do they screen calls ?  I wonder ? maybe I’ll try from another mobile ! Perhaps it is time to stop trying to get refunded some of our money . We were only there not even 4 months when our circumstances changed though so it’s quite a bit . Oh well hope the owner can sleep at night . We can ill afford to lose the money but looks like we have . Thank you for taking the time to respond . 

I have always worked on the principle that whenever I pay someone, the money is no longer mine and is gone from me. It saves all this angst trying to get a refund.

If there is ever any doubt about the integrity of the receiver I  pay by credit card or Paypal, both will usually reimburse the money if you match their conditions.

27 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

I have always worked on the principle that whenever I pay someone, the money is no longer mine and is gone from me. It saves all this angst trying to get a refund.

If there is ever any doubt about the integrity of the receiver I  pay by credit card or Paypal, both will usually reimburse the money if you match their conditions.

Thank you . Hindsight is wonderful isn’t it ? . There is no office at Brinklow Marina  so no means of paying by card . You pay by bank transfer . Usually I would Agree that when you pay , monies gone . I have worked in a Marina , we left our last Marina and was refunded . We had to sell out boat at short notice due to severe family illness - unforeseen - unexpected . T&C”s state refunds are given !! Paid for 12 months ( as no crystal ball to see what was going to happen ) was there for 4 months - unable to contact anyone since or before we left . We are not wealthy people , we’ve had some cruel cards dealt us and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a response and a refund . Thank you for taking the time to respond . I originally came on here to warn other boaters and try and find out if anyone else has has issues there , which they have . I think as it’s now 5 months down the line doubt I’ll hear .  £2,340 is a lot of money for 4 months mooring and are not in a position to just wave goodbye to part of it . 

Adrian Hallam appears to also have other companies registered at the Marina - with a registered address that may be where he actually lives ? (or possibly where his accountants are based)

>>

GET ME CONNECTED LIMITED

Company number 08645592

Registered office address
Chestnut Field House, Chestnut Field, Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV21 2PD 
Company status
Active

He also appears to manage Brinklow Quarry - not sure how up to date this info is >>

Business Contact

Adrian Hallam

Contact Information

Contact Brinklow Quarry

Phone:  024 7645 4293

Fax:  024 7645 8964

Email: sales@brinklowquarry.co.uk

Address

Coventry Rd, Brinklow, Rugby CV23 0NJ, United Kingdom

Rugby, Warwickshire

If the business is indeed going under have you registered as a creditor? You may get lucky and get something back.

We had a debtor years ago who was unlikely to pay even though we had a CCJ against him. There was little prospect of the bailiff recovering anything of value so we wrote the debt and the CCJ fees off.

A few years later we were approached by the Yorkshire bank I think it was who were going to take the guy for a considerable sum, a property grab possibly. As we had a prior CCJ the bank paid us out to clear it so that they could proceed as the first claimant.

So its always worth stitching the debtor up for the small sum that it costs to get a CCJ against them.

I have had millionaires who thought that they could ignore their "piffling"  debts to us, wrong, we went after them on principle. Its surprising how having a CCJ or a Garnishee order against them concentrates their minds when they find their credit busted and the mortgage company hounding for repayment.

2 hours ago, CV32 said:

Adrian Hallam appears to also have other companies registered at the Marina - with a registered address that may be where he actually lives ? (or possibly where his accountants are based)

>>

GET ME CONNECTED LIMITED

Company number 08645592

Registered office address
Chestnut Field House, Chestnut Field, Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV21 2PD 
Company status
Active

He also appears to manage Brinklow Quarry - not sure how up to date this info is >>

Business Contact

Adrian Hallam

Contact Information

Contact Brinklow Quarry

Phone:  024 7645 4293

Fax:  024 7645 8964

Email: sales@brinklowquarry.co.uk

Address

Coventry Rd, Brinklow, Rugby CV23 0NJ, United Kingdom

Rugby, Warwickshire

Yes Indeed . I contacted this Company a few months back and spoke to a Director and they want to know where he is too !! Asked me to let them know if he responds to me . In their words “ he’s gone AWOL “ . I will forward all my emails to the quarry though as haven’t tried that . Although 5 months of emails might clog their internet so I’ll just send the one ?Thank you very much ?

47 minutes ago, Howlynn12 said:

Yes Indeed . I contacted this Company a few months back and spoke to a Director and they want to know where he is too !! Asked me to let them know if he responds to me . In their words “ he’s gone AWOL “ . I will forward all my emails to the quarry though as haven’t tried that . Although 5 months of emails might clog their internet so I’ll just send the one ?Thank you very much ?

Is that gone AWOL substantiated or could it be a brush off? Could you have really been speaking to the guy himself? I would serve a CCJ on whoever's head is above the parapet and see what happens. Its easy to do on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Is that gone AWOL substantiated or could it be a brush off? Could you have really been speaking to the guy himself? I would serve a CCJ on whoever's head is above the parapet and see what happens. Its easy to do on the internet.

Thank you . I have had a LBA ( letter before action ) drawn up by a Solicitor friend - as yet no response to that , however , strangely , it was signed for by someone at the marina !?! . It definitely wasn’t the man himself that I spoke to as he gave me his name and you could just tell he was ‘ very put out ‘ at having to take yet another call for someone phoning that Company looking for Mr Hallam .

I will take it further but not if it costs us too much money . I’m going to contact Companies House as they are on ‘ active proposal to strike off ‘ I can let them know ? I’m not confident, just very shocked that there is no response at all . Thank you very much for taking the time to try to assist . 

4 minutes ago, Howlynn12 said:

Thank you . I have had a LBA ( letter before action ) drawn up by a Solicitor friend - as yet no response to that ,

In which case I would suggest you stop constantly casting about for new angles, and just get on and do whatever you threatened to do in your LBA.

Having issued the LBA, you need to follow through or you just teach them that you don't mean what you say and they can safely ignore you. 

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

In which case I would suggest you stop constantly casting about for new angles, and just get on and do whatever you threatened to do in your LBA.

Having issued the LBA, you need to follow through or you just teach them that you don't mean what you say and they can safely ignore you. 

Thank you for you reply . I haven’t actually been casting for information, I was contacted by others boaters on the forum this week and thanks to them I have just had a email and am now better informed .

16 minutes ago, Howlynn12 said:

Thank you for you reply . I haven’t actually been casting for information, I was contacted by others boaters on the forum this week and thanks to them I have just had a email and am now better informed .

Good. I hope you make progress.

I looked at Brinklow last year and found the same as you, nobody seemed to want to communicate.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Good. I hope you make progress.

I looked at Brinklow last year and found the same as you, nobody seemed to want to communicate.

Thank you . It’s a shame as it’s a pretty little marina but as per previous comment the pontoons are in very bad state of repair and are lethal in certain weathers . I hope you found a suitable mooring .

10 minutes ago, Howlynn12 said:

Thank you . It’s a shame as it’s a pretty little marina but as per previous comment the pontoons are in very bad state of repair and are lethal in certain weathers . I hope you found a suitable mooring .

I found it a bit bleak and windswept!

I decided to stay at Calcutt in the end. Much nicer than Brinklow. Can't even remember now why I was considering moving...

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I found it a bit bleak and windswept!

I decided to stay at Calcutt in the end. Much nicer than Brinklow. Can't even remember now why I was considering moving...

Knowing what I know now I totally agree with you and we were only there for 4 months ,but on a lot of occasions during that time the wind was so bad we couldn’t move the boat ( safely ) and there wasn’t any coal , gas or diesel ( during that time ) oh and pump out wasn’t working for 2 of those months either . Calcutt much nicer .

thank you again for taking the time to respond .