Brinklow Marina contact

deckhand

Featured Posts

We have today tried many different ways to get hold of someone at Brinklow Marina to make some enquiries into  mooring. We turned up at the gate, which was padlocked. Loads of vehicles and boats inside but no-one around. We called the mobile number on the gate , got an answer machine, called the main landline number, answer machine. found another mobile, answer machine. Left message but no-one has called back. I cannot get their web site to work properly either, it keeps dropping into a "cannot connect you at this time mode".

Its very strange. Maybe someone knows something that I don't or maybe has another way of contacting. Can anyone help?

If you got to the gate I’d have hopped over and gone in!

I moored there for a couple of days when I had to suddenly go off to work just as we set off boating a few years ago. It was a bit tricky tracking someone down but they were very helpful when I got hold of the liveaboard manager/warden chap. It’s a friendly place...has the essentials but no coffee shop or dry dock etc but that suited us fine for a temp mooring. My only gripe was like most marinas the wind made getting onto the pontoons amusing. 

• Greenie 1

Isn't it the same place as Rose Narrowboat Hire? If you phone them they might have a number for the marina if different? When we were looking for our boat the office took us to see a couple of boats down the arm there, so there must be a connection?

https://rose-narrowboats.co.uk/contact-us.htm

9 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Isn't it the same place as Rose Narrowboat Hire? If you phone them they might have a number for the marina if different? When we were looking for our boat the office took us to see a couple of boats down the arm there, so there must be a connection?

https://rose-narrowboats.co.uk/contact-us.htm

No, different Brinklow's.

We enquired there once and had a similar experience trying to contact someone when we were outside the gate. The guy with the mobile was out cutting the grass so couldn't hear it ringing.

9 hours ago, Boatingbiker said:

Nothing new at Brinklow Marina then !

It's a laid back type of place with only basic services, one man owner company with a couple of live aboard's  as harbourmasters( who are very helpful when available ) oh! and windy !

Isn't that some of the charm of it

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Isn't that some of the charm of it

It certainly would be for me, assuming I wanted to be in a marina this place sounds good to me.

Occasionaly I pop into Willington to use the swindlers and lovely though it is the idea of being there is just not for me

• Greenie 1

40 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

It certainly would be for me, assuming I wanted to be in a marina this place sounds good to me.

Occasionaly I pop into Willington to use the swindlers and lovely though it is the idea of being there is just not for me

Mercia is nothing short of horrific!!

• Greenie 1

• 2 months later...

We paid for a years mooring on April 22nd 2019 by driving there and calling number on gate . There was a harbour master there then . By the time we moored there the harbour master had left . Due to traumatic unforeseen circumstances we had to sell our Narrowboat and tried every way possible to let the Marina know . We moved our boat to be sold on 2nd September and have tirelessly been phoning 3 numbers , leaving voicemails, sending texts , recorded delivery letter etc . No response whatsoever . We are owed a lot of money in refund for a years payment . No reception of office at the Marina and no contact can be made . If anyone can help me I would appreciate it as this is making a stressful time even worse . 

1 minute ago, Howlynn12 said:

We paid for a years mooring on April 22nd 2019 by driving there and calling number on gate . There was a harbour master there then . By the time we moored there the harbour master had left . Due to traumatic unforeseen circumstances we had to sell our Narrowboat and tried every way possible to let the Marina know . We moved our boat to be sold on 2nd September and have tirelessly been phoning 3 numbers , leaving voicemails, sending texts , recorded delivery letter etc . No response whatsoever . We are owed a lot of money in refund for a years payment . No reception of office at the Marina and no contact can be made . If anyone can help me I would appreciate it as this is making a stressful time even worse . 

Are you sure you didn't sign up for a non refundable year contract, that is how most of them are. That doesn't help you trying to contact them, sorry

No we were at Dunchurch Pools and were refunded from them . Thing is with Brinklow there is no contract given at all . Not even a receipt for payment , so in light of the small amount of time we were there and we wasn’t informed to the contrary and given the circumstances plus the fact I was trying to give notice since the end of August I have no reason to expect not to be refunded . Companies House is showing they are preparing to dissolve the company at present so am quite concerned.

No we were at Dunchurch Pools and were refunded from them . Thing is with Brinklow there is no contract given at all . Not even a receipt for payment , so in light of the small amount of time we were there and we wasn’t informed to the contrary and given the circumstances plus the fact I was trying to give notice since the end of August I have no reason to expect not to be refunded . Companies House is showing they are preparing to dissolve the company at present so am quite concerned.

adam1uk that is what I have heard too . There were no supplies at times we were there , the pontoons are broken and treacherous but logically if they wanted new moorers they would answer the phone . Funnily enough a recorded delivery letter was signed for ?? How I don’t know ? As it’s gated and postbox is on gate . Like I say it’s no way to run a business but it’s the total lack of response that is so frustrating. 

29 minutes ago, Howlynn12 said:

Thing is with Brinklow there is no contract given at all . Not even a receipt for payment

Unfortunately with no contract and no receipt for payment there is no evidence that you paid, and there is no requirement for them to refund even if you can prove you paid.

If they are going into administration, keep an eye open for the notice and then contact the administrators, you may (possibly) get a few pence in the pound back.

18 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Unfortunately with no contract and no receipt for payment there is no evidence that you paid, and there is no requirement for them to refund even if you can prove you paid.

If they are going into administration, keep an eye open for the notice and then contact the administrators, you may (possibly) get a few pence in the pound back.

I do have proof of payment and what the payment was for as I was given bank details on a scrap of paper from the ‘ then ‘ Harbour Master . Expected a contract but as Harbour Master had left the Marina within a week of us paying nothing materialised . So although I haven’t been told there would be a refund due if I should leave early I also haven’t been informed that I wouldn’t . I have worked at a marina that refunded if one left early and as mentioned Dunchurch Pools also refunded us . It’s very rude to say the least to not respond at all . The company has acres of farmland that is being worked so someone must be being paid and communicated with and there are assets ? At a loss but wanted to make potential boaters aware .

57 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

May I ask if you had issues at Dunchurch Pools?

No not at all . We had a super berth and paid for 3 years . Only left as bought ila property in Dunchurch itself . Was refunded immediately. Joe the owner could not be more helpful . All the staff are very helpful and all queries dealt with immediately. Office open long hours and phones always answered . 

24 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Things don't work quite like that.

I won’t give up just yet . Out of principal I’d like a response .

1 hour ago, Howlynn12 said:

I do have proof of payment and what the payment was for as I was given bank details on a scrap of paper from the ‘ then ‘ Harbour Master . Expected a contract but as Harbour Master had left the Marina within a week of us paying nothing materialised . So although I haven’t been told there would be a refund due if I should leave early I also haven’t been informed that I wouldn’t . I have worked at a marina that refunded if one left early and as mentioned Dunchurch Pools also refunded us . It’s very rude to say the least to not respond at all . The company has acres of farmland that is being worked so someone must be being paid and communicated with and there are assets ? At a loss but wanted to make potential boaters aware .

Sorry but if you have no receipt then there is no proof of you paying a mooring fee, only that you paid them something.
And if you have no Contract then you cannot prove that you are entitled to any refund.
The fact that they have farmland that is being worked does not necessarily mean that someone is being paid. They could easily (and likely) have leased the land to a farmer who works it for his own benefit.
As it has been suggested that Companies House are in the throws of putting the Company into Administration your only option will be to contact the Administrator and try to prove you are a creditor of the Company. Good luck with that if you have no Contract!

39 minutes ago, Howlynn12 said:

I won’t give up just yet . Out of principal I’d like a response .

By the sounds of it the ONLY response you will get will be from the Administrator and I very much doubt that will be favourable.