Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cheshire~rose

Aunty Wainwright's Splendid Summer Charity Auction

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Bidding ends in just over an hour folks (assume it is BST).

I was wondering whether to make it Whitworth just to confuse the youngsters that work in new money.... but perhaps not.

I reckon everyone who has posted this afternoon has Bid Napper on their phone and is mildly annoyed it doesn't work on this forum

Update:

Lot no 1 :  A Vintage Whisk - Current bid £3  - Athy

Lot no 2 :  A Decorative Life Ring - Current Bid  50p - Dave P 

Lot no 3 :  An Empty Marmite Jar - Current bid £1 - MrSmelly

Lot no 4 :   A fine vintage riding flask - Current bid: £60 Kiwidad

Lot no 5 :   A Bladefull - Current Bid £1 MrSmelly

Lot no 6 :   A Retired Man's Book - Current bid £5 Mr Wilkinson (who can't remember his forum password and asked me to bid on his behalf)

Lot no 7 :   A Pen used by Tim & Pru - Current bid £8 Bigray

Lot no 8 :   A set of studio pottery canal mugs - Current bid £14 Dave_P

Lot no 9 :   An airline type life jacket - Current bid £1.12 -BigRay

Lot no 10:  A Fred Dibnah Coach screw - Current bid £7 - P6Rob

Lot no 11:  A Dremel Tool (description in post #36)- Current bid £25 Mr Wilkinson (who can't remember his forum password and asked me to bid on his behalf)

Lot no12:  3 x spent hearing aid batteries in a bank money bag. (see post #34 for description) - Current bid £5 MrSmelly

18 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Bidding ends in just over an hour folks (assume it is BST).

7 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

I was wondering whether to make it Whitworth just to confuse the youngsters that work in new money.... but perhaps not.

I reckon BSP would have confused most (except perhaps Treemonkey).

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I reckon BSP would have confused most (except perhaps Treemonkey).

You've never met her have you

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tree monkey said:

You've never met her have you

You feeling brave tonight monkey?

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, Winn said:

Lot no 4 :   A mystery old flask £65

Oooh! Did Winn Win?

I think it might be touch and go - we need a stewards enquiry to know whether that bid was within the time or not = ADMIN!!!!!!!

Edited by cheshire~rose

6 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Oooh! Did Winn Win?

I think it might be touch and go - we need a stewards enquiry to know whether that bid was within the time or not = ADMIN!!!!!!!

Yes, it was.

Edited by rusty69

The final results:

Lot no 1 :  A Vintage Whisk - Winning bid bid £3  - @Athy

Lot no 2 :  A Decorative Life Ring - Winning Bid  50p - @Dave_P

Lot no 3 :  An Empty Marmite Jar - Winning bid £1 - @mrsmelly

Lot no 4 :   A fine vintage riding flask - Wining Bid bid: £65 @Winn

Lot no 5 :   A Bladefull - Wining Bid £1 @mrsmelly

Lot no 6 :   A Retired Man's Book - Winning bid £5 Mr Wilkinson (who can't remember his forum password and asked me to bid on his behalf)

Lot no 7 :   A Pen used by Tim & Pru - Winning bid £8 @bigray

Lot no 8 :   A set of studio pottery canal mugs - Winning  bid £14 @Dave_P

Lot no 9 :   An airline type life jacket - Winning bid £1.12 - @bigray

Lot no 10:  A Fred Dibnah Coach screw - Wining bid £7 - @p6rob

Lot no 11:  A Dremel Tool (description in post #36)- Winning  bid £25 Mr Wilkinson (who can't remember his forum password and asked me to bid on his behalf)

Lot no12:  3 x spent hearing aid batteries in a bank money bag. (see post #34 for description) - Wining bid £5 @mrsmelly

Apologies for the delay in posting the final bids, I was half way through creating the post when the doorbell went. It was @bigray arriving to collect his items. The fact that he has left here with a big smile on his face and a life jacket in his hands could be worrying but he has the number for an undertaker if it all goes wrong 

• Greenie 1

Just a quick note to thank everyone for taking part and being so generous with their bids.

The money this has raised is very welcome indeed and I hope you have all enjoyed a bit of fun too.

If anyone messages me today I may be a little slow in replying as I am out and about but I will get back to you all later today.

If anyone was outbid on their item and is gutted that they have missed the opportunity to donate to such a worthwhile cause then please  don't be disheartened - you can still part with your money by following this link:

Donation Page

It really does not matter which of the links on that page you use to donate - all the money goes into the same pot at the end of the accounts but if scraping down  the back of the sofa only produces a fiver then you have the option to donate that via the Python link rather than increments of a tenner on the others.

Thanks a millon for helping me to raise £135.62p towards getting the canal restored

You are all absolutely amazing

• Greenie 2

On 20/08/2019 at 17:56, cheshire~rose said:

Just a quick ed that they have missed the opportunity to donate to such a worthwhile cause then please  don't be disheartened - you can still part with your money by following this link:

You are all absolutely amazing

Well. Apart from me. I am very grumpy.

Here I am stuck in some wretched foreign land with my Tiger beer, wanting to bid on a stunning high value item but it's far past my bedtime to catch the critical part of the bidding.......just like last year.

The duck had his heart set on that like jacket. I don't know how I'm going to break it to him that santa is not going to give him one this year. He is in desperate need of a floatation device given his toatal lack of confidence of swimming after the incident with the swan last month.

I will have to go back to the idea of the 2 plastic bags, a tie wrap and a load of polystyrene beads but hey are not yellow so he is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Some people are very mean.

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Here I am stuck in some wretched foreign land with my Tiger beer, wanting to bid on a stunning high value item but it's far past my bedtime to catch the critical part of the bidding.......just like last year.

The duck had his heart set on that like jacket. I don't know how I'm going to break it to him that santa is not going to give him one this year. He is in desperate need of a floatation device given his toatal lack of confidence of swimming after the incident with the swan last month.

I will have to go back to the idea of the 2 plastic bags, a tie wrap and a load of polystyrene beads but hey are not yellow so he is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I thought you had @bigraybidding on your behalf, like you did last year with the duck. 

17 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I'm sure for the sake of the happiness of the Duck the lifejacket could be re-auctioned however it may not be useable after the snake has been wearing it at Alvecote this weekend.

Hi Jan,

Hoping to catch up with you at Alvecote this weekend. Depends on number 1 son's willingness to do something other than play on the computer but will either be there Sunday or Monday.

Rob

12 minutes ago, p6rob said:

Hi Jan,

Hoping to catch up with you at Alvecote this weekend. Depends on number 1 son's willingness to do something other than play on the computer but will either be there Sunday or Monday.

Rob

I dont know how old no 1 son is, but I always found they will do whatever you let them get away with!! :D

On 22/08/2019 at 16:14, mrsmelly said:

I dont know how old no 1 son is, but I always found they will do whatever you let them get away with!! :D

Thanks for the parental advice #ICouldntFindTheSarcasmSmileySoJustImagineItsInsertedHere.  He's 13 and to be honest, I'm just pleased that he's still prepared to come up to the Midlands from Devon, to see me, during the school holidays.

• Greenie 1

Sign in to follow this