Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

cheshire~rose

Aunty Wainwright's Splendid Summer Charity Auction

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Bump!

Yay Rusteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thats ten thousand posts be careful!! 😲

• Greenie 1

Just now, tree monkey said:

And that's someone I'm glad to see back :)

Agreed, even if he is an Eeeeeeeeeeeejut :D

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/08/2019 at 17:11, Dr Bob said:

We got one at the Wheel when we were there last summer.

Donald can't understand him.

MacDuck.jpg

£5 for M̶a̶c̶d̶o̶n̶a̶l̶d̶ M̶a̶c̶d̶u̶f̶f̶ Macduck, but only if a Macflurry is included.

8 hours ago, rusty69 said:

£5 for M̶a̶c̶d̶o̶n̶a̶l̶d̶ M̶a̶c̶d̶u̶f̶f̶ Macduck, but only if a Macflurry is included.

OMG!  He's back. I thought you had corroded away. 

No you can't have the bloomin Macduck with or without a MacCurry. I might have a half eaten double whopper from a week ago...in its original packaging ....that I could donate but the problem is we are not there. 

If you go back up the thread you will see that Auntie Waitrose has organized this auction when we were away. After last years debacle of bidding from Singapore, we decided this year to go in August so we would be around at the crucial moment in the 2019 auction...and then she goes and organizes the auction in August. We are currently sitting in the warm sunshine in Tagatay somewhere east of Singapore drinking a cool tiger beer. No chance of bidding here. Maybe I could find a poxy voter.

Dont you lot think you're in the clear though. Our youngest sprog has commandeered the bote for a few weeks so don't come complaining to me if you get broadsided by Kharis this weekend on the north/south Oxford. It wasn't me.

Back to my tiger.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

OMG!  He's back. I thought you had corroded away. 

No you can't have the bloomin Macduck with or without a MacCurry. I might have a half eaten double whopper from a week ago...in its original packaging ....that I could donate but the problem is we are not there. 

If you go back up the thread you will see that Auntie Waitrose has organized this auction when we were away. After last years debacle of bidding from Singapore, we decided this year to go in August so we would be around at the crucial moment in the 2019 auction...and then she goes and organizes the auction in August. We are currently sitting in the warm sunshine in Tagatay somewhere east of Singapore drinking a cool tiger beer. No chance of bidding here. Maybe I could find a poxy voter.

Dont you lot think you're in the clear though. Our youngest sprog has commandeered the bote for a few weeks so don't come complaining to me if you get broadsided by Kharis this weekend on the north/south Oxford. It wasn't me.

Back to my tiger.

We passed K. Harris yesterday morning. I got some blank looks when shouting"Dr Bob, Dr Bob, show us ya duck". You looked a lot younger than I expected. The captain was mumbling something about lithium batteries, and how to fix them.

Enjoy your tiger curry. 

Time for bed........ Boing

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Wot! Let sprog 3 have access to the lithium's? No chance. Disconnected. For the duration.

He was also on the look out for some blue touch-up paint, well, actually, he was after 5 litres.Summit about the canals being very narrow and the trees kept jumping out.

He did say it was all good fun though. He particularly liked the hurdles every few miles, and wondered if bits were sposed to keep falling off them.

Oh, he also said to say sorry about your 4g antenna, and was a little surprised that they don't make floating ones.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Have you lot dozed off or have you just got water in your internet browsers?

Update:

Lot no 1 :  A Vintage Whisk - Current bid £3  - Athy

Lot no 2 :  A Decorative Life Ring - No bids yet

Lot no 3 :  An Empty Marmite Jar - No bids yet

Lot no 4 :   A mystery old flask - Current bid: £40 Kiwidad

Lot no 5 :   A Bladefull - No bids yet

Lot no 6 :   A Retired Man's Book - Current bid £5 Mr Wilkinson (who can't remember his forum password and asked me to bid on his behalf)

Lot no 7 :   A Pen used by Tim & Pru - Current bid £8 Bigray

Lot no 8 :   A set of studio pottery canal mugs - Current bid £12 Dave_P

Lot no 9 :   An airline type life jacket - no bids yet

Lot no 10:  A Fred Dibnah Coach screw - Current bid £1 - Paul HD

Lot no 11:  A Dremel Tool (description in post #36)- Current bid £25 Mr Wilkinson (who can't remember his forum password and asked me to bid on his behalf)

Lot no12:  3 x spent hearing aid batteries in a bank money bag. (see post #34 for description) - Current bid £5 MrSmelly

I find it very odd that there are still some fine items in the catalogue that have attrated no bids yet - I have highlighted these in red for those who need new hearing aid batteries

Welcome back Rusty