Pickup new boat ... hitlist of checks/things to do asap..

robtheplod

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of single boat ownership Rob. I takec it you have sold your share in Aurora?

Thanks, no not yet, its still in the 14 period for the other shareholders to express an interest. come the weekend it'll go on the market....

Well, we picked up Water Lily last Saturday and got her to Yelvertoft Marina. The only issue was the lockable fuel cap - it was locked and the key was broken inside, so a crowbar later we managed to see she was full of fuel and ready to go!  We got her to Foxton locks and back with no issues.

I expected issues and problems but have so far been surprised (he says counting chickens!). The batteries seem ok, the gas bottles are all full, the battery charger and inverter all seems to work fine. The water works seem ok also. The bow thruster works fine now it has a new battery.

I've gone over the boat and everything that should have been done has, so I have no gripes with Whilton, they have been good to deal with and have done more to the boat that they needed to. One interesting point to me is the stern bearings - looking at an earlier thread the prop was all cut out, and they have replaced the back with new stern bearings/tube and prop shaft. I've lost my Aquadrive, but can't really complain......

20190908_173848.jpg

20190908_173853.jpg

20190908_174000.jpg

Edited by robtheplod
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

Well, we picked up Water Lily last Saturday and got her to Yelvertoft Marina. The only issue was the lockable fuel cap - it was locked and the key was broken inside, so a crowbar later we managed to see she was full of fuel and ready to go!  We got her to Foxton locks and back with no issues.

I expected issues and problems but have so far been surprised (he says counting chickens!). The batteries seem ok, the gas bottles are all full, the battery charger and inverter all seems to work fine. The water works seem ok also. The bow thruster works fine now it has a new battery.

I've gone over the boat and everything that should have been done has, so I have no gripes with Whilton, they have been good to deal with and have done more to the boat that they needed to. One interesting point to me is the stern bearings - looking at an earlier thread the prop was all cut out, and they have replaced the back with new stern bearings/tube and prop shaft. I've lost my Aquadrive, but can't really complain......

20190908_173848.jpg

20190908_173853.jpg

20190908_174000.jpg

They have left you with a bit of painting to do down there but that's not a lot to have to catch up with considering how much work they have done.  I'm really pleased that they seem to have made a professional job of preparing the boat for sale.