Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sweeny Todd

Ford Transit 03 plate power steering

Featured Posts

Nothing to do with boating at all, but we seem to have a lot of knowledge on here so.....does anyone have any advice on the following.

I have changed my high pressure power steering pipe on my transit. It comes with a one use nut which I screwed on first as instructed. Fitted it all fine both ends, started the van and poof, the end that pushes into the nut blew out. I have ordered a new nut from the ford garage, but the question is, will the same happen again when I re do it? At £22 a nut I am a bit wary of having to keep buying them.

Ebay has them at a tenner.  However ……. Chinese? After Market? Who knows.

My suspicion is that the recommendation may be to replace not only the nut but the pipe assembly too.

I fear the nut may be the weakest part of the setup.

On 07/08/2019 at 15:42, zenataomm said:

Ebay has them at a tenner.  However ……. Chinese? After Market? Who knows.

My suspicion is that the recommendation may be to replace not only the nut but the pipe assembly too.

I fear the nut may be the weakest part of the setup.

I thought Sweeny said he replaced the Pipe ?

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l=bWFya2V0PT1ldXJvfHxjYXRfaWQ9PTYyNXx8Y2FiYnI9PUZZfHx0aGs9PTB8fHN0PT02MHx8c3RzPT17IjIwIjoiRXVyb3BlIiwiMzAiOiJUcmFuc2l0IEZZIDIwMDAtMjAwNiIsIjQwIjoiSCBTdGVlcmluZyBHZWFyIC0gR2VhciBDaGFuZ2UiLCI1MCI6IkgwMiBTdGVlcmluZyBHZWFyIC0gR2VhciBDaGFuZ2UuU3RlZXJpbmcgU3lzdGVtcyIsIjYwIjoiSDAyMDIwIFN1cHBseSAmIFJldHVybiBIb3NlcyAtIFBvd2VyIFN0cmcifXx8YWxwaGE9PUh8fGdyb3VwPT1IMDJ8fHNlY3Q9PUgwMjAyMHx8c2V0PT1GWUgwMnx8aW1nPT1HMDAyMDEyMjA5fHxmMTI9PTE2ODA5NTM2KzA%3D

Thanks for the replies guys. I went to the ford garage in the end as I also suspected the nut might be the weak link. Bought a replacement nut, and it seems to have done the trick.

Sign in to follow this