That aqueduct near Trevor

mykaskin

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Crossing tbe aqueduct is the nearest you will ever come to flying in a narrowboat.

Tell that to all them damned flies that infested my engine room one year after I had been "maggotted" by a friendly angler. ?

George

Did I say "invested"..........I meant "infested". ?

Edited by furnessvale
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

Tell that to all them damned flies that invested my engine room one year after I had been "maggotted" by a friendly angler. ?

George

I had that happen to me by a young lad on the Leeds and Liverpool near Leigh. He didn't half move quick though when I handed the tiller over to my missus and leapt onto the bank waving a windlass. ?

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

Presumably a professional drone flyer.

Did you know that ALL drones will have to be registered by November, for a fee of around £16.  There are also strong moves afloat that will require ALL drone flights to be pre-registered beforehand, probably with a fee.  And very hefty fines.

Currently banned from 5 Km from airports or prisons, with up to five years imprisonment.

So enjoy your drone while you can!

• Greenie 1

On 07/08/2019 at 15:10, dor said:

Presumably a professional drone flyer.

Did you know that ALL drones will have to be registered by November, for a fee of around £16.  There are also strong moves afloat that will require ALL drone flights to be pre-registered beforehand, probably with a fee.  And very hefty fines.

Currently banned from 5 Km from airports or prisons, with up to five years imprisonment.

So enjoy your drone while you can!

A £16.50 fee is hardly going to put off someone who has spent £1000 on a drone.

There are no plans for pre registration of drone flights, with the CAA anticipating 170,000 drone registrations in the first year of the new legislation I can’t see it working anyway

On 15/08/2019 at 08:41, Tim Lewis said:

A £16.50 fee is hardly going to put off someone who has spent £1000 on a drone.

Probably not, but most drones bought are under £200.

l’m not sure if the registration is going to be per drone or per flyer. I’ve currently got three (not counting a little indoor one, which as well as being the most flown, is also the most fun), so cost could be significant.

1 hour ago, dor said:

Probably not, but most drones bought are under £200.

l’m not sure if the registration is going to be per drone or per flyer. I’ve currently got three (not counting a little indoor one, which as well as being the most flown, is also the most fun), so cost could be significant.

Drones under 250g Will be excepmt. Fee will be per operator, not per drone,

Edited by Tim Lewis