Holiday Boat Swap

jimxtc

Featured Posts

I have a 2 year old 25' Aintree Beetle that seats 8 and sleeps 4.  It is moored in a marina on the Wey and Arun Navigation.  If you have a desire to explore this area by boat and have a boat in the Midlands maybe, it would take you a couple of weeks to get down here!  I am looking to do a boat swap with someone who has a bot in a populated area for a week or a fortnight.  Read on for more details.

There is a photographer called Duncan Raban who has created a 'kindness movement' on Facebook and has a page titled 'Just Say Hello' if you have Facebook check it out https://www.facebook.com/justsayhellotoday/  I seem to have become popular on this page and there is an impetus to move it forward.  Duncan and I would like to take a narrowboat trip somewhere urban and populated to just say 'hello' to people.  We have trained and experienced skippers at our disposal and as this campaign or movement is not generating any money it has been funded solely by Duncan since he was moved to start it.  This is why I am offering a holiday boat swap if anyone may be interested.  I am sure there are fine details to be worked out but it is not you or I renting out our boats but more lending it to a friend you don't know yet which I am sure does not invalidate our insurance or mooring rights.

Maybe this is a silly idea that won't work out but it seems a waste of money for me to hire a boat when I have a perfectly good one sitting in the wrong part of England!

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly it was a bad idea.  I have spoken to my insurance company who don't have a problem with it but I have to say that every post I have ever put up on this site has been met with people finding obstacles and nay-sayers.  Not to worry I have found someone able to think out of the box and with optimism rather than pessimism.  See you on the water!

Thank you for your advice but as I had already posted my insurance company had no problem with it.  I had no offers for this or the travel companion I have been looking for the last 2 years on this site but it has come to fruition via another website.  Time to close this account I think.   Happy cruising.

37 minutes ago, jimxtc said:

Thank you for your advice but as I had already posted my insurance company had no problem with it.  I had no offers for this or the travel companion I have been looking for the last 2 years on this site but it has come to fruition via another website.  Time to close this account I think.   Happy cruising.

@jimxtc I am so sad to hear that you feel this forum has been such a negative experience for you, though I am not surprised. You have been a breath of fresh air and your passion and determination have been both wonderful and inspirational. You don't post often but I always have enjoy when you do, because you do think out side the box. 

If we are never to hear from you again then I would just like to say that I am so glad that you got your boat and that you have found someone to pilot it with you, I wish you all the best with your boating and what ever other projects I'm quite sure you will undertake. 

Good luck and good boating. 

Tumsh :hug:

• Greenie 2