Parbold visitor moorings ?

W+T

Featured Posts

I have been trying to find on CRT website the length of time you can stay on the Parbold visitor moorings between Windmill Bridge 37 and Aqueduct 16.

Any folk been there or know please as will be hoping to get there this weekend. Need  7 Day stay.

Admiral Faffer :)

15 minutes ago, pearley said:

Pretty sure it was 48 hours but other side of the bridge is unrestricted. 

Well thats good enough for me. I am doing the Ribble link end of the month so need a good stop over to leave he boat for for a few weeks.

Thanks ;)

9 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

Surely "unrestricted" means 14 days

Well will do as  i say a few weeks, well should of said two weeks lol. Booked in the Link on the 30th ;)

49 minutes ago, pearley said:

Pretty sure it was 48 hours but other side of the bridge is unrestricted. 

Correct. 14 days by the cafe and along around the corner, but 48 hrs on VM through bridge. Very vague as to where VM's begin and end, I have had a few arguments over the years!

Edited by Guest

There is a length of Armco just North of the 24 hour moorings at Rufford (just south of the winding hole) for a 14 day mooring. Dead handy as the station is but a few hundred yards away.

10 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Yes there is a long stretch of unmarked mooring potential before the bridge. Only problem is you would be on stakes, which maybe not ideal for a long unattended stay.

Not the best then. It will be atleast a week. If only a week i can then move to Rufford. 

Csn look at other place i guess. Just will be leaving the car at the mooring area. Its an 8hr cruise from Worsley/Boothstown to Parbold. And day before its a near 12hr run from Hyde. 

Dont want to go much further than Parbold if we don't need to.

1 hour ago, W+T said:

Not the best then. It will be atleast a week. If only a week i can then move to Rufford. 

Csn look at other place i guess. Just will be leaving the car at the mooring area. Its an 8hr cruise from Worsley/Boothstown to Parbold. And day before its a near 12hr run from Hyde. 

Dont want to go much further than Parbold if we don't need to.

I have a vague recollection that there might be a few rings - enough for one boat - shortly before the bridge but don’t count on my memory!

Wouldn't worry too much about stakes. Just double pin it. There was an abandoned Springer there for about 18 months.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

I have a vague recollection that there might be a few rings - enough for one boat - shortly before the bridge but don’t count on my memory!

TBH I can'tremeber either, which is a pretty poor effort since I walked dogs along there for 40 years (not continuously.) :)