Getting Ready for a Fresh Start

fergyguy

Featured Posts

Well I know a widebeam is far from everyone’s choice but having looked at countless boats narrow/plastic/wide I have decided even though there are restrictions on what waters I can cruise a widebeam its going to be.My house is on the market and viewings have started within first week so fingers crossed I’ll be done with bricks and mortar soon. So as part of my getting ready plan I have started sawing upmg large pile of 8 year seasoned wood most of which is apple and pear with a small amount of pine.my son is going to store it at the bottom of his garden under tarpaulins behind his garage well out of the weather so 12 bags of assorted size cut and I reckon another 30 to 40 to go. Just need a boat now.Just remembered I have a huge pile of plain wood off cuts I bought of eBay for 10p for a van load and it’s been weathered for 5 years so another 20 to 30 bags and when it’s all gone my friend works at a top end kitchen makers using best quality oak so there’s a constant supply of oak off cuts so I reckon there will be some cozy winter nights ahead

BD5A1B17-E3FA-4EFC-A400-5A8018C7F0A5.jpeg

5332B169-7532-4FFC-AB44-DDA4909C37A1.jpeg

Edited by fergyguy
I forgot additional wood supplies

1 hour ago, fergyguy said:

It was my favourite place at home out in my wood burning shed with a roaring fire and a larger or two into the early hours.... simply priceless 

Every man should have a shed. Officially, on my boat, my shed is called the bedroom. 

Good luck with the boat! Easy to criticise (have you done your research it's not like being on land etc etc) but an exciting new start lies ahead for you.

At least you will have enough fuel for a while while you sort other things out. If you are cruising, power is the main thing. I would seriously consider putting as many panels on the roof as it will take. Couple grand well spent.