25 Metre Shore Lines (Cheap)

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Mine's been delivered but I haven't seen it yet as we're on the boat. I hope it's neatly coiled as I plan to keep it like that in the JIC box. Preferably after I've been able to quickly check it works without uncoiling it.

Mine came but I couldnt be arsed to unwrap it as its neat and has taken a small space up in my spares cupboard near the spare inverter. I hope there is one inside the wrapping lol.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Mine came but I couldnt be arsed to unwrap it as its neat and has taken a small space up in my spares cupboard near the spare inverter. I hope there is one inside the wrapping lol.

You could always cut a little peephole to check. Obviously taking great care (unlike some) ?

• Haha 1

After all the issues people have found, I thought I had better check. I didn't cut mine with sharp scissors when I unwrapped it. The plugs are fitted securely and the marking on the cable is as described. The only thing I could find is that it is longer than described. All perfectly useable, exactly as described in the advert and I think excellent value for money.

• Greenie 1

I raised the subject of the cord grips not being on the sheath and the soldered wires in the terminals with the seller and have received the following in reply.

Quote,

New message from: freedomcaravansltd (745Purple Star)

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, I always ensure that I check each cable before I send them to ensure that there is no obvious damage to the insulation sheathing and also that both ends are seated well within the plugs. My apologies for this one having come loose, I can only imagine this has happened during transit, as it would have been set to one side rather than being sent out.

With regards to the ends of the conductors, after having spoken to a colleague and an engineer, I have been informed that soldering the ends is an accepted termination method, however again I accept and appreciate your comments. 

If you need anything further in the future please just let me know, kind regards. 

End Quote.

Sam.