25 Metre Shore Lines (Cheap)

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Just bought another ten of these for a friend so they must have some more lol or return the £150 quid, I reckon they didnt know about canal forum ?

(My bold)

Are you sure they are for a "friend"?  That's a very well known phrase in the medical profession ....

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

May I inject a note of caution here??

I ordered one too. It arrived and as is my practice I tested it for continuity and insulation on the megger. It passed muster.

However on inspection it was found that the outer sheath has been stripped back too far at both ends, so much so that the cord grips and seals in the end caps were not on the sheath at all.

Both ends needed rewiring with shorted wire tails.

Please will all who have bought these check theirs carefully.

6 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

However on inspection it was found that the outer sheath has been stripped back too far at both ends, so much so that the cord grips and seals in the end caps were not on the sheath at all.

Strange - mine was perfect (I looked when I was checking for boot-lace terminals)

25 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

I ordered one too. It arrived and as is my practice I tested it for continuity and insulation on the megger. It passed muster.

I checked mine on arrival and the cord grips are correctly clamped on the insulation. Perhaps you have been unlucky?

4 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Mine was like that too but with this type of connector loosen gland /cord grip push in cable,  tighten gland.  10 secs job done....

No drama...

i did open up the screwless connector cos I’m a nosey and noticed the cable ends were lightly soldered. 

Seemed well worth £15 

3 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Just bought one, it now says "53 sold, mostly to Mrsmelly*, more than 10 left".

* I made that bit up.

Our 11 came in a five, a five and a 1 by two different couriers ?

1 minute ago, Murflynn said:

WOW !   

I can't bear the suspense of watching the progress of some cables travelling the length and breadth of the country by courier.

You couldn't make it up  :banghead:

Makes a change to all the losers whining about a certain political subject though innitt :D

14 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

WOW !   

I can't bear the suspense of watching the progress of some cables travelling the length and breadth of the country by courier.

You couldn't make it up  :banghead:

If it's all too much for you why not try not watching. Or can you just not help yourself?

56 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

I've just had an email from Parcel2Go telling me mine will soon be dispatched.

Check the tracking on Ebay, it may tell you which courier is being used,  I found it better than P2G, If its Herm you can use the tracking number on their site.

2 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

If it's all too much for you why not try not watching. Or can you just not help yourself?

extreme SOH failure, Lily my dearest    ...............................    maybe the rain and the wind are pissing you off - who knows? (who cares?).   :P

Edited by Murflynn

2 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

extreme SOH failure, Lily my dearest    ...............................    maybe the rain and the wind are pissing you off - who knows? (who cares?).   :P

'Twas meant to be humourous but maybe it failed. Or maybe it was too subtle without emojis. Anyway, as you say, who cares?