25 Metre Shore Lines (Cheap)

Featured Posts

No connection to the seller apart from a 'happy buyer'.

£15.00 inc. P&P

25 Mt RUBBER (not PVC) 2.5mm2 shore-line complete with blue 16a plug & socket.

Arrived in 2 days,

You struggle to buy decent quality plugs and sockets for that price.

Now the BSS includes an inspection of your shore-line - will it be up-to-par ?

Extract :

Are all shore‐power, battery charging, and other a.c. power source leads and connectors in  good condition?

Shore‐power, battery charging, and other a.c. power source lead  cables must be free of:  • signs of damage or deterioration;  • repairs.

Shore‐power, battery charging, and other a.c. power source lead  connectors must be complete, secured onto the cable with no inner  conductors visible, and be free of:  •  signs of damage or deterioration;  •  repairs.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-motorhome-boat-230V-25m-mains-lead-FURTHER-REDUCTIONS/163497991951?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Happy 1

Well done that man!! Ok so you need to edit the title but its a no brainer. Just bought one, he had thirty now showing 3 left. Mine is in first class order but at this money its a no brainer to have in stock in the spares bin :cheers:

• Happy 1

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Well done that man!! Ok so you need to edit the title but its a no brainer. Just bought one, he had thirty now showing 3 left. Mine is in first class order but at this money its a no brainer to have in stock in the spares bin :cheers:

You can even join the two together and plug into another bollard further away that has some 'credit' on it !!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You can even join the two together and plug into another one further away that has some 'credit' on it !!!!

He has only one left now!! Reminds me last summer when I pulled into a mooring pod in Bristol arbour and found nearly a tenner left ont leccy hook up. It lasted us a week, must have been some posh knob on a Gin palace as I dont know any narrowboaters who would spend that much money all at once lol.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just ordered one, thanks for the link

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Still showing "more than 10 available" on my page.

Yeah it did say thirty available at one point but I reckon youve bust his web page and he cant update as he has sold 4 in the last ten minutes ?

30 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I can’t see anywhere in the eBay listing that it is 2.5mm square cable.

It says it on the cable I received - wait a bit and I'll see if I can get a picture.

Edit - everything is piled up in the back of the car to go back down to the boat on Monday, but, here you are :

the cable that arrived at 9:00 pm last night

20190803_154602.jpg

• Greenie 1

Just ordered the last one. At 25 metres long it will mean that I can plug into the stern shoreline input everytime, rather than having to keep switching between the bow and stern shoreline inputs depending upon who h way my boat is facing.

Thanks for posting A de E ?

He may have more - just bought one  ( at 17:10) with listing stating 'more than 10 available'. Mark you there have been inaacuracies with ebay listings ,IME, recently.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I should be on commission - he has sold more today (11) than he has in the last 3 months.

A two pound reduction has made all the difference...

Send him a PM - he migh give you a discount on something else.....

I wouldn't use this cable HO5RRF its designed for fixed installations.  HO7RNF is designed for both fixed and portable installations At work we only used HO7RNF this cable is HO5RRF not nearly as robust as HO7RNF or PVC.

https://www.elandcables.com/cables/h05rr-f-cable

https://www.elandcables.com/cables/h07rn-f-bs-en-50525-2-21-flexible-rubber-cable

13 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I wouldn't use this cable HO5RRF its designed for fixed installations.  HO7RNF is designed for both fixed and portable installations At work we only used HO7RNF this cable is HO5RRF not nearly as robust as HO7RNF or PVC.

I’d still say it’s superior to the Arctic cable that I see used so often. 

18 minutes ago, Loddon said:

https://www.elandcables.com/cables/h05rr-f-cable

https://www.elandcables.com/cables/h07rn-f-bs-en-50525-2-21-flexible-rubber-cable

The H05RR-F cable, also known as 318-TRS tough rubber sheathed flexible cable (harmonised code H05RR-F) is designed for use in fixed installations in domestic premises as well as kitchens and office environments. This robust cable is ideally suited for use as 13 Amp mains extension leads to provide power to portable appliances. With its durable rubber compound insulation and sheath, it can be repeatedly coiled and uncoiled without undue wear, and offers resistance to water and oils.

A combination of robustness and flexibility makes rubber cables ideal to provide power supply to portable electrical equipment and devices. The mechanical stresses involved in moving apparatus require cables to withstand a high degree of wear-and-tear. Our HOFR (heat & oil resistant and flame-retardant) the cables are designed to withstand extreme weather, oil/grease, mechanical as well as thermal stresses, also using compounds such as Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR) and Chlorosulphonated Polyethylene (CSP) as insulating materials. These flexible rubber cables are suitable for a wide range of applications including mobile power supplies, light and heavy duty equipment, and submersible pumps, as welding cables providing power from the machine to the tool, for audio visual equipment, and equipment on construction sites.  

As an ex-cable designer for one of the UK's major cable manufacturers I would have no concerns using this cable as a shore line.

Whilst the manufacturer may state "fixed applications" its additional flexibility and sheath toughness makes it the ideal cable for a shore-line.

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I’d still say it’s superior to the Arctic cable that I see used so often. 

It is.

I thought it was a good deal until I saw your picture.

I wonder does the cable have ferrules on it in the connector?

I didn't mention Artic cable not all PVC cable us Artic which despite its name is not good at low temperatures ; )

Having used hundreds  of miles of cable in my working life we only ever had one batch of HO5 supplied in error should have been HO7 and we had to use it due to time constraints, it didn't last long before the jacket split.

You get what you pay for!

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I wonder does the cable have ferrules on it in the connector?

Wonder no longer - NO.

The end of conductors are tinned for about 10mm to form a solid.

Not perfect but as there will be no movement I cannot see it being a problem.

It'll be better than the 1000's out there that are just stripped-back conductors with loose strands.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Wonder no longer - NO.

The end of conductors are tinned for about 10mm to form a solid.

Not perfect but as there will be no movement I cannot see it being a problem.

It'll be better than the 1000's out there that are just stripped-back conductors with loose strands.

Alan, at fifteen notes they are for nowt and will do an admirable job for long enough, worry not and thanks for the heads up :cheers:

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Alan, at fifteen notes they are for nowt and will do an admirable job for long enough, worry not and thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Exactly ffs what do people expect for 15 quid better than that orange 3183 that lots of people think is great for caravan and boat use must be cos it’s orange...

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1