Suggestions please for a 'Boat Mover' (By Truck)

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

I have already tried (and had a quote from ) Ray Bowern, now looking at alternatives / comparison quotes.

From Newark to Bangor North wales (Hoist available at both ends)

Boat Details :

35 / 36 feet length

14 feet beam

14 feet (approx.) overall height with everything folded down

Round-Bilge with keel. 

Weight unknown (under 10 tonnes ?)

Preferably a carrier 'en-route' to minimise truck travelling hours overnight stops etc.

Any suggestions, any recommendations ?

12 minutes ago, Captain Fizz said:

Go by sea.......you know you want to!

I have looked at that possibility.

We'd love to (our eventual plan is to take 2, 3 or 4 years and circumnavigate the costs) and could easily do it but It'd be at least a couple of weeks and unlikely to be going before October and the weather is not particularly reliable either going around Lands End, or round Scotland (Caledonia Canal) At 6 Knots it would be 7 days Non-Stop

The transit licence for the Caledonian is £220, add in 900 nm at about 2 - 2.5 litres per mile (£2000) Marina fees at £30 per night and its more expensive than by road.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have looked at that possibility.

We'd love to (our eventual plan is to take 2, 3 or 4 years and circumnavigate the costs) and could easily do it but It'd be at least a couple of weeks and unlikely to be going before October and the weather is not particularly reliable either going around Lands End, or round Scotland (Caledonia Canal) At 6 Knots it would be 7 days Non-Stop

The transit licence for the Caledonian is £220, add in 900 nm at about 2 - 2.5 litres per mile (£2000) Marina fees at £30 per night and its more expensive than by road.

Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like tax evasion to me ???

• Greenie 3

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, allen202 said:

You may go by sea and you can take a open trailer for that and you need a one truck like ford or Ram truck both trucks have great towing capacity, as i am using a dodge Ram 5500 diesel engine i use that ... 

Spam reported.  Please do not requote the link!

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink

18 minutes ago, allen202 said:

You may go by sea and you can take a open trailer for that and you need a one truck like ford or Ram truck ……………...

If only …………………...

Weighing in at about 10 tonnes it would be highly illegal to tow with anything less than an HGV

Mooring now booked, 4 quotes received for transport, just need to finish painting, get her lifted, antifouled and new ZINC anodes and away we go.

Goodbye C&RT !!!

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If only …………………...

Weighing in at about 10 tonnes it would be highly illegal to tow with anything less than an HGV

Mooring now booked, 4 quotes received for transport, just need to finish painting, get her lifted, antifouled and new ZINC anodes and away we go.

Goodbye C&RT !!!

Again, please do NOT requote the spam link!

• Greenie 1

30 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Again, please do NOT requote the spam link!

Thanks for the edit.

I see the poster has now stopped offering to tow your 10+ ton boat using a dodge ram based in Manhattan from the Trent to Anglesey ... maybe you should have asked him for a quote!