Coolant Increase[Beta]

frygood

Featured Posts

Hi Guys 

I was wondering on your thoughts on this one.

Engine  31/2 year old Beta 50 1150 hours

I checked my coolant level this morning something that i do fairly regularly[Although i have been a little remiss lately and maybe haven't checked it for about a week.]

Ever since day 1 the coolant has been rock steady just wetting my finger.This morning it was right to the top of the neck.Strange as i haven't topped up.i though maybe some air was in the system and cruised for about 5 hours today.All good.I left it to cool down about 6 hours.Then had another look.As  i took the cap off and released the pressure some water was released down the overflow pipe.The level is still at the top of the neck.

A week ago i was on the Seven against the flow.Its the first time my engine has done any real work Might be relevant.

Thoughts Guys ?

32 minutes ago, frygood said:

A week ago i was on the Seven against the flow.Its the first time my engine has done any real work Might be relevant.

Yep, that will be it.

I came up from Gloucester to Tewkesbury yesterday, and this morning I bled the air out of my skin tank.  Because the engine is working much harder than usual the dissolved gases come out of the coolant.

I have rather been enjoying going past moored boats at full chat and people shouting "Thanks for slowing down!"

20 minutes ago, NB Lola said:

Ok, skin tank should have a bleed point. 

It's a pain if they don't, but it still needs doing!

1 minute ago, frygood said:

i have a plug on my Skin tank.Do i just undo this or is there more to it.? 

Yes, but slowly. You only want to let the air out and be able to stop when coolant starts coming out - don't just remove the plug and watch the fountain! :D

I'm sure you would know this, but for the sake of anyone who doesn't,  only do this on a cold system - you don't want to release a cloud of steam and scald yourself.