What colour is my boat ?

Featured Posts

Hi 

I have a Collingwood/ Liverpool wide beam which is blue with a cream roof, I am looking for some paint to touch her up but cannot find out what the colour codes or which shade of paints I need, tried emailing Liverpool boats with the serial number but no answer, can anybody help please its a 2017 boat

Thanks

MikeIMG_4777.JPG.df807b20d2e8c4d8c40eaa2dce1137cd.JPG 

Have you checked the owners manual ?

I don't know if Liverpool Boats 'do it' but it is normal for the manufacturer to put such details in the owners manual, along with the instruction books for fridges, microwaves, pumps etc.

Have you had it 'from new' ?

It is quite common for the manufacturer  to have put some small tins of 'touch up paint' somewhere "safe"

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Don't ask me, I'm colour blind, however I am curious about the mural painted on the side.

Arh! The mural, that iswhat you get when you have a Shiney boat. Never had one of those. You have to washing them and rubbing them with cloths.

4 hours ago, Mike Beech said:

Hi 

I have a Collingwood/ Liverpool wide beam which is blue with a cream roof, I am looking for some paint to touch her up but cannot find out what the colour codes or which shade of paints I need, tried emailing Liverpool boats with the serial number but no answer, can anybody help please its a 2017 boat

Thanks

MikeIMG_4777.JPG.df807b20d2e8c4d8c40eaa2dce1137cd.JPG 

Don't expect a reply from Liverpool Boats - they are no longer in business. Get some paint swatches from a DIY shop, match to your boat colour and then go to a chandlers that stocks several brands of paint and get the best match. Bear in mind that the paint may well have faded from when originally painted - the red element will fade first as it is the most fugitive colour. Its why you see a lot of maroon or dirty red boats.

On 28/07/2019 at 20:47, BilgePump said:

Blue, definitely, probably, maybe blue? Whatever, looks a lovely boat. Touch ups will always show up against some sun-fade though, even when the colour match is from the same tin but a year or two down the line.

Especially red which has a tendency to go pink.

Edited by Chewbacka

1 hour ago, jacko264 said:

This is the bus

jacko

image.jpeg

In my young days East Yorkshire buses were described as navy and cream. They always looked so classy compared with the corporation buses. I loved the ones with the pointy tops made for going through Beverley Bar.