Times Article on London Boat Living

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

As title, in today's paper.   It's not a particularly well-constructed piece, and there's no point in giving a link, as you have to be a subscriber to read it, but this caught my eye: 

"They need to be refuelled and supplied with water regularly by the delivery boats operated by CRT, which is included in an annual licence......"

?

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

10 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

As title, in today's paper.   It's not a particularly well-constructed piece, and there's no point in giving a link, as you have to be a subscriber to read it, but this caught my eye: 

"They need to be refuelled and supplied with water regularly by the delivery boats operated by CRT, which is included in an annual licence......"

?

No wonder there are so many CMers in London - if they are 'fed & watered' by C&RT...…………………………….

16 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

?

Having read the print article, I think that you are being very polite!

Chris G

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

?

As Private Eye once remarked, in response to a then Times advertising slogan, "So much for the paper you can trust".

In 17 years of living afloat I never realised that one of the downsides was late night singing. Being from London I was also unaware that the city was a beautiful natural surrounding.

The trouble with a lot of these articles is that they're written by people who know nothing after interviewing people who've just moved onto boats and only know slightly more.

• Greenie 1

Tweet from @CRTBoating yesterday afternoon ?:

"It's a particularly bad bit of journalism and they have got some things hopelessly wrong. No we don’t provide fuel for free although we know of colleagues who bought coal for a vulnerable boaters when they had their benefits stopped."

6 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

Back in 1988 the Times sacked a young journalist for making up a quote, though some say it didn't do him any harm as he went on to greater things.

Be interesting to see where the journalist for this piece ends up...............

You mean the chap who beat Larry the Cat to be PM.

22 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I am not a subscriber and was able to read it from the link on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...