Hot water timer?

Featured Posts

Hi,

Wondered if anyone recognises this control unit. It's wired in to the calorifier and so l assume it's a timer for hot water when hooked up in a marina, but I'm not sure. If it is this, how would I find out how it works?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers.

IMG_20190727_102322.jpg

You may be right about its current function - the button labelled "random" suggests it's meant for security; switching lights on/off in a predictable (or not so predictable) fashion.

There is no obvious manufacturer or model number - on the back or under the terminal cover (shore power off first!) may be - if so a google along with "security timer" may work wonders.

Good luck

10 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

You may be right about its current function - the button labelled "random" suggests it's meant for security; switching lights on/off in a predictable (or not so predictable) fashion.

There is no obvious manufacturer or model number - on the back or under the terminal cover (shore power off first!) may be - if so a google along with "security timer" may work wonders.

Good luck

and if you are correct then the contact rating may make switching an immersion heater "interesting".......... as in the contacts may now be cinders.

• Greenie 1

Hi,

Its the old version of the current LAP branded digital immersion heater timer from Screwfix.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-7-day-digital-immersion-timer/1804R?tc=ST2&ds_kid=92700019931972361&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249401&ds_rl=1248154&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1247848&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI05-HoePV4wIVC7DtCh059gY7EAQYAiABEgKT6PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have the same one as yours installed about 5 years ago for my 1.1kw immersion heater. Its worked great but it's biggest problem is it's not backlit, so you need a torch to set it etc. Update it to the new version!!

To see if it works press the on/off/auto button while shining a torch at the display to on in the window appears. Make sure on mains landline not inverter! The red light will come on if mains present and water being heated.

To set the timer from memory use timer button then hour/min buttons. display shows on time in window. set off same way and also select days Mon-Friday or Monday-sunday

Has setting for several on/off times during each day.

I have my immersion set for 7 days a week with one on time at 16.30 and off at 1800.

If mine packs up I'll buy the new version as has light built in to the display!!

timer.jpg

Edited by canals are us?