Boating over the other side.

hider

Featured Posts

Having things to do in Europe before Brexit I'm off to France for an extended Busman's Holiday. Taking my family for a change, the kids love boating in the UK, we will see about Europe.

Its been better on here now that I ignore all the tall penis waving poppies and the miserable trolls that think they know it all but get everything wrong.

So, to all on this forum, have a good summer picking on one another. May be back in November, briefly.

I'll leave you in the safe hands of Sam.

Is Lady G really also "socks" "moderator" and "BellEnd" and possibly several more?

Hider abroad.

• Haha 1

No, I don't think she has any aliases - though she was a "moderaror" for a while.

Mrs. Athy and I are fans of the French waterways, most recently hired on the Canal lateral a La Loire but have previously explored the Canal de Garonne, Canal du Nivernais and River Baise. Keep us informed about your adventures.

It seems that a lot of the waterways in France are suffering from low levels,closures and restrictions at the moment due to the heat wave. You will need to do your research.

I've been re-planning our trip at the end of August this morning. We won't now be doing the Nivernais but are currently looking at the Soane or the Rhone au Rhin as being more likely to be open.

Bonjour - you don't say where you're heading, however just a polite 'heads-up' from someone who lives in SW France, half an hour from the canal....it is seriously hot over here at the moment, with not much sign of a let up.  Since the middle of June the daytime temperatures have consistantly been above 35 degrees, frequently topping out at 40/44 and even hitting 47 degrees locally briefly.  Consequently bring lots of factor 50, and don't plan on doing too much cruising in the afternoons for the moment unless you've got shade or a canopy etc..       Bon courage, not that I'm jealous or anything, just too busy working to take off on my own boat..

After flying the length of France 2 days ago, with zero cloud cover from Rome to Gatwick (a first), I can assure you France is very brown, with some lighter brown patches. First greenery was the English coast above the cliffs.

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

After flying the length of France 2 days ago, with zero cloud cover from Rome to Gatwick (a first), I can assure you France is very brown, with some lighter brown patches. First greenery was the English coast above the cliffs.

Dont worry Boris should soon sort it all out. We can have our proper British weather back then, non of this european crap. Its bloomin horrific here today :(

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2019 at 19:46, Boater Sam said:

I must agree to some extent but I can assure you being rude would not be his intention, he is rarely rude or swears.

I'll have a word.

Sam.

Good of you, I'm sure that will work.

2 hours ago, hider said:

Having things to do in Europe before Brexit I'm off to France for an extended Busman's Holiday. Taking my family for a change, the kids love boating in the UK, we will see about Europe.

Its been better on here now that I ignore all the tall penis waving poppies and the miserable trolls that think they know it all but get everything wrong.

So, to all on this forum, have a good summer picking on one another. May be back in November, briefly.

I'll leave you in the safe hands of Sam.

Is Lady G really also "socks" "moderator" and "BellEnd" and possibly several more?

Hider abroad.

6 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Click the curvy arrow in the quote and it will take you to the post.

How clever - it's from a different thread. I did wonder how you managed to quote from two weeks ago in a thread which started today. Hats off to your advanced computer skill.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

How clever - it's from a different thread. I did wonder how you managed to quote from two weeks ago in a thread which started today. Hats off to your advanced computer skill.

Very nice of you to say so, but it wasn't me that did it on this thread.

27 minutes ago, Athy said:

Hardly clever, first time I've done it and it took about an hour to sus it out.  Good memory is the key.  (mine that is, not the computer)

Just now, NB Esk said:

Hardly clever, first time I've done it and it took about an hour to sus it out.  Good memory is the key.  (mine that is, not the computer)

Oh, I just quote the post on the other thread then copy and paste from the reply box into the current thread ...