Recommendations for boat mechanic

Madge11

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Pictures ?

Model ?

Oil levels ?

Asked for yesterday in her original thread and ignored. At least three of us have raised the possibility she might be being set up for a rip off but seem to have been ignored. She started this topic instead.  No point in banging your head against a wall if a person does not seem to want such help as we can provide with a bit of co-operation for them.

6 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Asked for yesterday in her original thread and ignored. At least three of us have raised the possibility she might be being set up for a rip off but seem to have been ignored. She started this topic instead.  No point in banging your head against a wall if a person does not seem to want such help as we can provide with a bit of co-operation for them.

I know !!

It was a gentle prompt to her that maybe "the collective hive" could help.

9 hours ago, Madge11 said:

Should have said stuck in forward not first...... 

Do you know how to take photos and post them here? Do you know how to find out what model of Lister you have. Do you know where the gearbox oil dipstick is, and where the engine oil dipstick is?

Richard who has provided his phone number and who has a tag line with Primrose Engineering seems to be an ideal source for some guidance and an opinion??

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Madge11 said:

Should have said stuck in forward not first...... 

Mike meant you've already had the benefit of five opinions on this problem in your other thread, so you are actually asking for a sixth opinion, not a second opinion.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We don't know if that is the source of her "First mechanic" that told her to get it towed to Bristol

Seems unlikely that they would recommend towing it past their own boatyard to a rival company's. 

1 minute ago, stegra said:

Seems unlikely that they would recommend towing it past their own boatyard to a rival company's. 

Yes - we just don't know.

Too busy, holidays, mechanic injured, 'dont' do gear boxes ………………………………..

Why did the mechanic not just suggest moving to RLL rather than Bristol ?

It's a while ago now, but I had my boat at Saltford until I moved away 12 years ago. While there I used Mark Loveday - he did a service and BSS examination, and seemed quite knowledgeable. You could try giving him a call - 07768 474581.

• Greenie 1

Thank you for all the replies. I've not been online for various reasons and just picked up these threads. Some of which were really helpful such as the contact numbers (which was what I requested). Making comments such as 'banging heads' and 'being ignored' was really unhelpful and not necessary. In any event, in one thread I was asking about a tow and the other for a mechanic... Once again  thanks for the contact numbers....