Tow required

Madge11

Featured Posts

On 25/07/2019 at 16:44, Tony Brooks said:

If you mean NBW then yes I am but lets not clutter up this topic. I have long thought CaRT are out of meaningful control.

How spiteful some of your remarks are. I am not always prompt in my response because I work all the time. 

I have recently received adequate advice on the matter and it is resolved, thank goodness. 

Try and be respectful to people. Clearly not a happy chappy. 

• Unimpressed 2

On 24/07/2019 at 19:53, Mike the Boilerman said:

Bear in mind she already has her "trusted mechanic" who she doesn't trust. We know this because she felt the need to come and ask here. 

Going on from this, why should trust us lot any more than him? At least she has met him.... 

I suspect you are right though and she has gone off to find another mechanic, one who will confirm the engine and gearbox need to be removed. She doesn't seem to be one for answering questions or supplying detail in response to the effort but in by some here answering with limited information. One of life's takers rather than givers, I suspect. 

How dare you make a remark like that. What a dispicable way to speak about someone you don't know. If you readdress the thread you will see that I was mearly asking for a mechanic. some  surprisingly classless people on here 

26 minutes ago, Madge11 said:

How spiteful some of your remarks are. I am not always prompt in my response because I work all the time. 

I have recently received adequate advice on the matter and it is resolved, thank goodness. 

Try and be respectful to people. Clearly not a happy chappy. 

I have no idea what you are on about. Throughout YOUR topic I tried to be helpful and in fact defended you when others seemed to feel your lack of response to requests was unreasonable. In fact on the back of one of my posts you got an apology.

My email to Narrowboat World related to a totally different matter that someone else brought into your thread. It had and has no bearing on your topic whatsoever.

I am very pleased your problem was resolved and I hope you will respond to the others in your topic who suggested that the basis of your request sounded very odd in a similar way to how you responded to my post on NBW. That should ensure you will get little or no help in the future.

You seem to have no idea how Forums work and you must learn that you can not control how a topic develops. As you made a request that sounded  suspect and further help was offered. You kept very quiet and did not come on straight away to say that you  only wanted the information you asked for and nothing else. You then started another topic that strongly implied you had taken notice of some of what you were told but still refused to answer a few questions.

You are right, I am not happy when I think a fellow boater is about to get ripped off and for whatever reason seem not to be bother about responding to posts made in good faith on their behalf. This is an ever increasing trend some of us notice . A question is asked and if the responses do not accord with what the questioner thinks they should get the questioner clams up and throws their toys out.

Having had free support but possibly not to your exacting requirements from a number of professional and more to the point qualified  engineers on here I would suggest that if you want to maintain any credibility on this forum that you at least tell us what the outcome was so we can all learn - even if you can not bring yourself to appologise for your last two posts. You already have an apology from Mike if you had read on a bit.

23 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I have no idea what you are on about. Throughout YOUR topic I tried to be helpful and in fact defended you when others seemed to feel your lack of response to requests was unreasonable. In fact on the back of one of my posts you got an apology.

My email to Narrowboat World related to a totally different matter that someone else brought into your thread. It had and has no bearing on your topic whatsoever.

I am very pleased your problem was resolved and I hope you will respond to the others in your topic who suggested that the basis of your request sounded very odd in a similar way to how you responded to my post on NBW. That should ensure you will get little or no help in the future.

You seem to have no idea how Forums work and you must learn that you can not control how a topic develops. As you made a request that sounded  suspect and further help was offered. You kept very quiet and did not come on straight away to say that you  only wanted the information you asked for and nothing else. You then started another topic that strongly implied you had taken notice of some of what you were told but still refused to answer a few questions.

You are right, I am not happy when I think a fellow boater is about to get ripped off and for whatever reason seem not to be bother about responding to posts made in good faith on their behalf. This is an ever increasing trend some of us notice . A question is asked and if the responses do not accord with what the questioner thinks they should get the questioner clams up and throws their toys out.

Having had free support but possibly not to your exacting requirements from a number of professional and more to the point qualified  engineers on here I would suggest that if you want to maintain any credibility on this forum that you at least tell us what the outcome was so we can all learn - even if you can not bring yourself to appologise for your last two posts. You already have an apology from Mike if you had read on a bit.

Quite enjoyed the irony of someone rejecting the notion that they have been rude and then proceeding to launch into a passive aggressive, condescending rant. I will not apologise for my previous messages, as they were beautifully put and might help you become better people. PS I have no inclination to be enlightened on the intricacies of forum etiquette , as this brief dialogue with you has bored me to tears. 

Edited by Madge11
Spelling mistakes

Well, my suggestion is that the OP should just shrug it off and suck it up, she was only offered good help and advice.

But then I have been wrongly accused of being sexist before, along with other undesirable traits.

But I don't call a person a Tw@t either.

Edited by Boater Sam

31 minutes ago, Madge11 said:

Quite enjoyed the irony of someone rejecting the notion that they have been rude and then proceeding to launch into a passive aggressive, condescending rant. I will not apologise for my previous messages, as they were beautifully put and might help you become better people. PS I have no inclination to be enlightened on the intricacies of forum etiquette , as this brief dialogue with you has bored me to tears. 

amazing response from someone who came on here looking for help, but not following up when some advice and requests for further information were posted.

'passive aggressive, condescending rant' ........................   WOW !!!!

if you don't want to be bothered with 'forum etiquette' then I suggest you are in the wrong place.   

perhaps you should take the time to check out folk like Tony Brooks before judging them.    (was that beautifully put, and to your complete satisfaction?)

good luck with your boating anyway.   I just suggest you shouldn't be too precious and condescending about it.     :banghead:

PS there are other forums - unfortunately you will get a much rougher ride than you will on CWDF.

op you fell foul like most people asking for help scant information and when asked to elaborate etc. no extra info is forth coming

exactly like a post a few weeks ago

informing everyone his batteries were not charging ??? with no other info

what did you expect

8 minutes ago, Madge11 said:

Been blissfully boating for 15years without a snifter of forum, I'm sure I'll live. One is very proud of their banging their head against a wall icon arnt they. 

This is where I sign out. Been educational. 

no stay it the best forum trust me

11 minutes ago, Madge11 said:

Been blissfully boating for 15years without a snifter of forum, I'm sure I'll live. One is very proud of their banging their head against a wall icon arnt they. 

This is where I sign out. Been educational. 

blissful ignorance.   :)

42 minutes ago, Rickent said:

If the op has been boating blissfully for 15 years without a snifter of a forum then why the need now ? 

Shirley if the OP has been boating for 15 years, they would be trying to sort the mechanical issue rather than trying to sort out towing and 4 figure repairs?

I learnt within a few months that this forum was a great resource to confirm/sort out important repair info.

• Greenie 2

You are the rudest person I have seen on this forum and Thunderboat too! 

People on here have years of experience and knowledge of boating matters and generously share their knowledge.

I don't believe for one moment you have been boating for 15 years.Maybe living on a hulk for that time,and then starting the engine to find problems.It is not possible to be boating for that length of time and remain totally ignorant of a few mechanical basics.

Now please bugger off.

• Greenie 3

Something doesn't add up here. 
There was one remark that could perhaps be considered a little unnecessary, but the poster had the good grace to say this and to apologise. (Sometimes we misjudge a situation, nothing new here.)
People have given their time freely to try and help, to then be berated for doing so. 
A pity, as the same members may now think twice before giving their time to try and help a new member, at least until they know them. 
Other forums that I use (non boating) have had similar experiences, and I often wonder if it is somebody attention seeking? I can think of a couple of similar instances on here, but thankfully rare.