Hi any idea what these are called and where to purchase them from ,they are on my back door hinges ,many thx

dikla500

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, dikla500 said:

Thanks for that ,well found ,I think that looks like  it ,its not brass but that doesn't matter I'll check the sizes later ,cheers 

Except the pin is integral to one of the hinges.  You would have to replace the hinge as well, which will be welded on.

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

Apart from the difference in metals, these also don’t appear to have a loose pin, not that I can see why that might be a disadvantage. It looks like the pintle is an interference push-fit into one half. Great find :)

The pin in the fixed part has a knurled ring to provide interference within the housing. I know this because the un-knurled part has corroded and the pigeon box lid came off the end with the knurling on ?

14 minutes ago, Westyman said:

The pin in the fixed part has a knurled ring to provide interference within the housing. I know this because the un-knurled part has corroded and the pigeon box lid came off the end with the knurling on ?

Ahhh... some shim material required methinks. 

1 hour ago, carlt said:

They don't last two minutes when you hang your rudder on them though...and they make a mess of the paintwork.

Nice to see you posting again Carlt  :cheers:

48 minutes ago, carlt said:

It was an example of a pintle with a brass bar, not a purchase suggestion. 

So was the OP's photo. So we know they exist. The OP was asking for purchase suggestions. 

But the chances of finding a replacement of the right size for sale are slim, hence my earlier suggestion that the OP finds someone with a lathe.